Ensures various transactions are investigated and appropriately updated to the general ledger. Works with cross-department teams to identify and implement various process improvements arising from the investigative and recording activities. Achieve various performance targets and updates accountable Executives on progress and other activities.
- Develop a detailed understanding of the nature of various transactions undertaken by unitholders and the process by which these are recorded in the unitholder accounts, bank accounts, and general ledger accounts.
- Investigate assigned uncleared transactions to determine why they are outstanding; the actions required for them to be successfully cleared; and prepare appropriate journals, if required.
- Ensure appropriate follow up to confirm items are no longer outstanding.
- Assess the process weakness that delayed each item being cleared on a timely basis and communicate findings and recommendations to senior staff for appropriate action.
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams to achieve objectives.
- Participate and present updates and reports at Executive briefing sessions.
- Undertake projects to promote greater efficiency in the bank reconciliation and branch transaction processes.
- Actively support the daily operations or ad hoc projects of the Finance Department as assigned.
The selected candidate must possess the following combination of qualifications, skills, training and experience:
- Passes in five (5) GCE Ordinary Level/ CXC/CSEC Ordinary Level subjects including English Language and Mathematics at General Proficiency Grades 1, 2 or 3 with a maximum of 2 subjects at Grade 3
- Two (2) GCE/CAPE Advanced Level subjects
- Minimum of two (2) years’ accounting experience in a similar role preferably at a Financial institution
- Suitable combination of training and experience
- High confidentiality and integrity
- Passion for delivering excellent customer service
- Ability to work independently and in teams
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to analyze and interpret information and data received
- Excellent telephone and office etiquette
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Products
- Ability to work in teams
All applications should be submitted no later than November 19, 2021