Sagicor Group Jamaica is looking for the ideal candidate to join our Group Information Technology as a: Programmer Analyst- Mulesoft
The successful candidate will have the responsibility to translate user requirements and deliver software solutions using proven methodologies and documented standards to ensure consistent and predictable system operations that provide interoperability with other systems, utilizing existing architecture and standards, to achieve high-reliability requirements and ensuring that the desired specifications are met within the stated timeframes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Takes full technical responsibility for most stages of the life cycle for software development of all types of systems covering: investigation, analysis, specification, design, construction, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- Provide leadership to the positions supervised through good use of timely and effective communication, guidance and support.
- Provide ongoing support and maintenance for existing business solutions in accordance with established SLAs
- Work with project managers, programmer analysts and business owners to review and analyze system requirements for assigned projects of a complex nature.
- Work with appropriate vendor counterparts within both software engineering and service delivery functions to ensure their proper understanding of requirements in bringing systems to implementation as detailed by organization policies and methods.
- Work with the Testing Centre of Excellence/Quality Control Officers/Senior Analysts/Owners to ensure that the defined Business Requirements are effectively satisfied in the solution.
- Coordinate activities with other divisions to ensure efficiency and economy within the department.
- Recommend changes to improve the levels of support offered by the division.
- Organize initiatives to keep abreast of technical as well as industry sector development.
- Facilitate training of subordinates in programming and program coding.
- Prepare reports to keep management informed of the division’s activities, with special attention paid to departmental objectives.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- A minimum of seven (5) years working experience in IT-related disciplines
- A minimum of five (5) years working experience in the financial sector
- A minimum of two (3) year supervisory experience
- Experience with MuleSoft would be an asset
- Experience in structured reviews, software testing and testing tools
- Proficient in System Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop moderately complex programs and program modifications
- Experience in application systems integration of average to high complexity
- Demonstrated ability for balancing project assignments together with ongoing problem resolution/change requests for multiple application systems of average complexity and timelines for both local and group wide solutions. Average 1-2 projects and 6 business applications.
- Exposure to networks, databases, operating systems, hardware and other IT environmental components for mainframe, midrange and PC based systems.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than October 31, 2020. While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.