Applications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of Trinidad and Tobago for Contract Employment, in the position of Programme Manager, Mechanical Services in the Division of Infrastructure, Quarries and Urban Development (Tobago House of Assembly).
The incumbent is required to direct and coordinate the development and implementation of a programme comprising multiple related projects in the Division/Department ensuring that the strategic goals, objectives and benefits of the programme are accomplished within prescribed timelines and budget. Duties include directing and coordinating the development of programme plans, budget, resources, schedules; implementing programme plans; leading and managing programme staff; monitoring and managing programme risks and issues; and reporting on programme activities. Dependent on arrangement, the incumbent may be required to perform some or the full range of duties of the position.
REPORTS TO: Administrator
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: Procurement Officer, Vehicles and Equipment Rental Officer and Principal (Snr) Engineer
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Directs and coordinates the development and implementation of the project plans of a programme comprising multiple interrelated projects.
o Holding meetings with stakeholders to obtain relevant data on business requirements;
o Determining the scope and deliverables of the programme;
o Identifying, monitoring, coordinating and controlling the resources and dependencies among projects required for successful programme completion;
o Preparing programme budget and staffing plans;
o Identifying and assessing programme risk and issues.
• Coordinates, monitors and manages programme costs to ensure the projects are completed within budget; funds are released as required and programme expenditure is in line with budget plan.
• Coordinates and manages the various project schedules to ensure timely completion of the programme and establishes overall work plans and staffing plans for the programme; directs the recruitment and assignment of programme personnel; supervise the project teams assigned to programme.
• Develops systems for governing the implementation of the programme of projects provides overall management of same and provides guidance to project managers for detailed planning of the projects for the Division/Department.
• Manages changes to the scope of the various projects in the programme, includes cost, schedule, scope and quality; ensures that all changes are documented.
• Monitors and manages programme quality to ensure the deliverables are in compliance with agreed standards.
• Monitors and manages risk and issues, designs and implement strategies to manage and mitigate those risks and issues.
• Oversees the performance of contractors/consultants and other outsourcing services engaged for the programme to ensure compliance with contracts; also evaluates their performance.
• Performs programme post implementation activities such as soliciting feedback from stakeholders, preparing reports and archiving information.
• Prepares Cabinet Notes, briefs, reports and presentation on programme related matter; reviews status and other reports prepared by project personnel.
• Convenes meetings with management, programme staff, contractors/consultants to discuss programme matters and to provide updates on programme.
• Performs related works as may be required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Office Suite.
• Skill in the use of project management software.
• Skill in programme/project planning, coordination and implementation.
• Ability to use the internet for research purposes.
• Ability to use e-Government technology platforms.
• Ability to analyse and evaluate projects and to devise effective methods of evaluation
• Ability to express ideas clearly and concisely and to prepare reports on programme and projects evaluated.
• Ability to lead the project/programme implementation process and devise creative solutions to address problems encountered and resolve conflicts.
• Ability to lead and manage a programme of multiple interrelated projects, and to motivate Project Teams.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with project stakeholders, associates, other public service employees and the public.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
• A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience in Project/Programme Management in the Public or Public Sector including a minimum of four (4) years’ managing a programme or large scale projects.
• Training as evidenced by:
• A Masters’ Degree in Project Management/Programme Management from a recognised institution.
• A Masters’ Degree in Engineering, Information Technology. Management or the Social Sciences together with professional qualifications such as the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification, PRINCES2 etc.
DEADLINE DATE: WEDNESDAY 30th NOVEMBER, 2022