Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our IT & Data Security team in the capacity of: Privacy Risk Officer
The selected candidate will support the business’s privacy strategy and program by ensuring that our obligations to data privacy compliances are adhered to; through the application of appropriate system designs and placement of data controls to mitigate privacy risks. These obligations and deliverables include, but are not limited to, privacy risk assessments, business process assessments, privacy incident management, privacy awareness and training.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expertise to the organization’s departments to better identify and classify data and manage information throughout the information life cycle.
- Leads investigation and remediation activities for privacy incidents in a timely manner consistent with our privacy program and applicable legal requirements
- Conducting privacy risk assessments, business process assessments and data privacy impact assessments
- Facilitate training and awareness of privacy risks, applicable standards, risks and industry best practices
- Assist in tracking and updating privacy notices, policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures.
- Reporting - Compile monthly informational report of activities
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in either Information Technology, Computer Science or a Cyber Security equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution
- Minimum two years of experience in a related field such as in IT risk, privacy, data security, or audit functions.
- Working knowledge of privacy regulations demonstrated by certifications such as CIPP, CIPT or CIPM preferred.
- Working knowledge of Privacy-by-Design, best practices, terminology, and current trends in privacy.
- Project management skills and/or certification would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent human relations skills
- Ability to produce reports for technical and non-technical stakeholders, i.e. Senior Managent
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application no later than October 31, 2020. While we appreciate all applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.