Delisle Walwyn Group of Companies is seeking an experienced and hardworking individual to fill the position of Policy Service - Underwriter for their Insurance Services Department, St. Kitts location. This position will report directly to the department’s Senior Underwriter.
Areas of responsibility include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in the processing, printing, and dispatching (post) all motor & non- motor renewal notices on a week-by-week basis.
- Assist in managing the Customer Call Log to ensure that clients are notified of their upcoming renewal.
- Assist in updating our software with current/correct client data.
- Serve as back-up Underwriter and assist in the preparation of new, renewal and cancellation of policies as required. Assist with general workload in absence of underwriter(s) due to lunch, vacation, or other reasons.
- Underwrite and provide quotations for all types of policies, explaining the scope of cover and corresponding with CAIC as required.
- Respond to customers queries, including general correspondence and adherence to underwriting terms and conditions, limits of authority, aggregate limits etc. Responding to telephone & e-mail queries.
- Carry out the relevant inspections of motor vehicles to validate comprehensive coverage, where applicable.
- Enter all renewal and new business policies into our database.
- Ensure that all files used are correctly filed away.
- Adhere to Anti-Money laundering/Anti-Terrorism compliance procedures.
- Prepare Due Diligence report on all new insured processed; complete files and submit to Compliance Officer.
- Ensure credit approvals are authorized and credit limits adhered to.
- Ensure Customers make payments on their accounts in accordance with the agreement made with the Company. Submit delinquency report on a monthly basis and discuss relevant credit accounts.
- Follow-up with all accounts in arrears; take necessary action to secure payment and reduce the Principal/Company’s exposure.
- Assist with general workload in absence of co-worker due to lunch, vacation or other reasons. Assist with the cashier functions as substitute cashier.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; and participating in professional organizations.
- Carry out all other duties as assigned by management from time to time
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- A minimum of (2) two years work experience in the insurance field would be preferred.
- Knowledge of General Insurance would be an asset.
- Certificate in Insurance or other General Insurance certification would be an asset.
- A valid Drivers License would be an asset.
- Be detailed oriented, display a professional attitude and be reliable.
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills.
- Have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to meet set deadlines.
- Be well organized and show initiative.
- Adhere to standard procedures.
- Communicate well verbally and in written communication.
- Be solution oriented.
- Be a team player.
- Possess the ability to exercise sound judgment and display a high level of respect, trust and integrity.
- Proficient in the use of computer software and Microsoft Office (primarily Word and Excel)
Date posted: June 7th, 2020 | Application Deadline: not provided | Unposting: June 21st, 2020 |