Department of Personnel & Organization (P&O) of the Ministry of General Affairs is looking for an experienced ‘Personnel Advisor’ Cis looking for an experienced ‘Personnel Advisor’
Core tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Be the first point of contact for all Human Resources (HR) related queries;
- Provide proactive support and advice (across the full spectrum of employee relations and civil servant laws);
- Handle disciplinary matters and grievances, ensuring full compliance to policies/legislation;
- Advise on current policies, processes and procedures and prevailing legislation to ensure the civil servant corps is fully compliant;
- Assist managers in performance management where needed, and provide them with support and advice with respect to recruitment;
- Ensure all new employees are fully briefed on government policies and advise on holiday entitlement, absence processes, etc. Candidates with direct ties to St. Maarten are preferred.
Requirements for our preferred candidate:
- Bachelor’s Degree, with ample work experience in the HR field;
- Previous experience of working within a (similar) HR generalist role;
- Ability to work with employees and managers of all levels;
- Experience with working in a high pressure environment or ability to work in such an environment;
- Committed, driven and tenacious;
- Client oriented and organization focused;
- High attention to detail and a proactive attitude;
- Confident in ability, knowledge of HR practices, and ability to easily familiarize oneself with P&O legislation;
- Fluent in Dutch & English, both oral and written, with a strong emphasis on Dutch writing skills.
Being in the process of continuous development, our work environment is a dynamic one with high expectations at all times. Work experience in a (semi-) government entity is an advantage.
Salary range: minimum NAF. 3.751,00 to maximum NAF. 7.627,00. The salary is based on your relevant work experience and overall qualifications.
If you are the right candidate for this position, please submit your application letter and resume no later than November 30th, 2021.