Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking a suitable candidate to join the Group Insurance Services team in the capacity of: Personal Accident Assistant
The selected candidate assist the Group Insurance Services - Personal Accident (PA) administrator with the administration of the Churchmate, Schoolmate, School Plus and Shore Plus plans and ensure that clients’ requests are dealt with promptly, efficiently and courteously
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurately set up new groups and prepare and dispatch health cards and certificates.
- Ensure that all new case packages contain all the relevant documents and instruction to clients.
- Maintain member records for the members of the plans.
- Screen all applications for completeness, requesting additional information/ relevant medical evidence.
- Ensure that all output (e.g. Certificates, statements, letters, contracts) to Clients is correct and delivered in agreed time frame.
- Ensure the timely processing of Plan closures for terminated Cases;
- Maintain temporary current files daily and purge on a quarterly basis.
- Ensure that data reflected on the invoices for each client is correct.
- Prepare manual invoices as required, by virtue of amendments not reflected in the computer files, or changes done after the system date.
- Ensure the collection of premiums within the 30-day grace period, and take appropriate action to ensure that at no time more than one mode’s premium is overdue.
- Follow up clients by telephone and in writing to ensure the timely payment of premiums and discuss/resolve administrative issues;
- Prepare and distribute Statements of Accounts and other reconciliations of membership data.
- Maintain on-going communication by the most expedient method, to keep clients informed and advised.
- Ensure timely transmission of data to facilitate update of client files.
- Process all queries, changes and reconciliations within the stated standard.
- Provide telephone and written responses to client queries as necessary to satisfactorily meet the client’s needs.
- Prepare monthly report of all activity within assigned portfolio and submit to the Team Leader.
- Any other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Academice Qualifications/ Specialized Skills/ Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Studies, Business Administration or equivalent area of study from a recognised tertiary institution.
- In pursuit of FLMI or HIAA designation.
- Three (3) years’ working experience in the insurance industry, one (1) year of which should be within the Employee Benefits area.
- Sound knowledge of Group Life and Health Insurance policy contracts.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting.
- Excellent human relations and communication skills.
- Expert knowledge of personal computing application software packages, including spreadsheet and word processing applications.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application no later than February 26, 2021. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contracted.