Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Pensions Investments team in the capacity of: Pensions Investments Officer
The selected candidate will assist with the management of the client relationship all Pension Plans and Approved Retirement Scheme (ARS) clients, to facilitate investment meetings, provide recommendations in a timely manner and to ensure compliance with the Pensions Regulations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with management of invested assets for all clients administered by the company. Prepare strategic plans for clients and determine age specific target default mix. Diversify assets under management taking into account the effect of economic factors, to minimize portfolio risk and normalize portfolio returns.
- Attend client meetings for prospective pension clients. Prepare and provide recommendations and facilitate discussion with clients.
- Prepare monthly reports / newsletters for circulation to all pension clients regarding the performance of the funds
- Assist with monthly/quarterly Investment Performance Reports for dissemination to each client indicating the performance of the invested assets
- Preparation/annual review of Statements of Investment Policies and Principles (SIPP’s) for company’s ARS product
- Liaise with Treasury Manager of the related funds and ensure that adequate cash balances are kept on hand to satisfy plan liabilities.
- Assist with preparation of strategic plans for each plan, taking into account the effect of economic factors and the impact on required turn targets.
- Assist with development of procedures/processes, which will promote professional conduct and ethical behavior among subordinates.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- B.Sc. in Accounts, Finance or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- Jamaica Institute of Management Securities course
- Three (3) years’ experience working in an investment trading field
- Sound knowledge of PC applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access.
- Good mathematical, financial and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to meet targets and deadlines.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application, no later than January 15, 2021. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.