The selected candidate will provide support for the business through the processing of cheques and electronic payments and transfers via all payment channels as well as the processing of rejected and unpostable items, returns and referral items ensuring adherence with the stipulated recourse period.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Promote quality service standards by observing and delivering consistent quality service in compliance with Service Level Agreements.
- Respond to customers’ queries in a timely and efficient manner.
- Adhere to custodial policies and procedures and maintain all documents, cheques and vouchers in a secure environment.
- Attend approved training courses to enhance development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance.
- Discuss bi-annual and annual performance assessments with Supervisor.
- Process RTGS, ACH, Wire Transfers and Fund Transfers received via Transact and Corporate and Commercial Banking.
- Process FX sales and Purchases received via Transact and Corporate and Commercial Banking.
- Process Manager’s Cheques and Drafts received via Transact and Corporate and Commercial Banking.
- Collect fees from POS merchants on behalf of Corporate and Commercial Banking.
- Collect fees on behalf of Statements for daily and weekly statements.
- Process RTGS, ACH, Wire Transfers and Fund Transfers received from Sagicor Investments, Sagicor Life and Corporate Trust.
- Prepare dividend cheques for Corporate Trust.
- Process, balance and dispatch Standing Orders ensuring that the related General Ledger is balanced daily.
- Monitor unexecuted standing orders.
- Process Clients’ Salaries, Interest Payments and Pensions from Government and Private Institutions.
- Reprocess daily, rejects originating from Payroll processing.
- Balance all payments related General ledgers within the agreed timeframe.
- Process Outgoing Returned Cheque Items (i.e. referrals material defects and rejected items).
- Resubmit unpostable items daily to clear all the General Ledgers affected.
- Ensure strict compliance with the rules outlined in the JCBA Clearing house Rules is met for all items above.
- Complete monthly reports within stipulated deadlines.
- Perform any other job-related duties assigned.
Academic Qualifications/ Specialized Skills/ Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution.
- Minimum of two (2) years' working experience in the Banking Operations Department of a Commercial Bank entity.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of Applications.
- Knowledge of Securities processing is an asset.
- Knowledge of Proceeds of Crime Act (POCA).
- Knowledge of the Bank’s Policies and Procedures.
- Knowledge of the Jamaica Clearing Bankers Association Clearinghouse Rules.
- High degree of accuracy and detail oriented.
- High degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and in teams.
- Effective Interpersonal/Communication – ability to interact with persons at varying levels.
- Strong team orientation – cooperation, adaptability, proactive, initiative.
- Proficient in RTGS, ACH, T24 and SWIFT applications.
If this role is of interest to you, kindly submit an application no later than June 4, 2021. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.