Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is looking for a suitable candidate to join our Group IT team in the capacity of: Patch Administrator.
The selected candidate will Operate patch management tools in an efficient manner and in accordance with established policies and procedures. Update and maintain schedule and inventory of updates, firmware level and service packs based on the group’s software and hardware inventory. Maintain a test environment for all software and hardware assets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate patch management tools by: Deploy windows updates and operating systems;
- Monitoring, control and maintain distribution points to ensure the efficient patch deployment using distribution points;
- Provide deployment reports;
- escalating problems to the appropriate support and following up on their resolution; ensuring that the help desk is aware of any problems affecting users as a result of patching; Updates and maintains schedule and inventory of updates:
- Download updates and their associated bulletins
- Categorize and liaise with security team ascertain if these remove any known vulnerabilities;
- Timely deployment of updates based on established schedule
- Maintain test environment for all software and hardware assets by:
- Ensure test environment is available for testing deployments
- All patches test in test environment before release to production;
- Basic testing of patches deployed in the test environment.
- Produce reports on the deployment of updates:
- Ensuring that reports are made in a timely manner to indicate the success or failure of patches deployed in test and prod environments
- Report where patches are not tested and authorized and therefore result in missing update schedules;
- Liaising with SMEs and external vendors for non-windows systems so as to:
- Communicate when patches are available;
- Assist with patch scheduling and actual patching;
- Report on missed patches.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Skills and Competencies:
- BSc in Computer Studies from a recognized tertiary institution
- Two (2) years’ work experience in a Windows workstation environment
- Excellent team player skills.
- Working knowledge of computer operating techniques.
- Ability to think logically, to comprehend complex data processing system requirements and principles and to apply these principles to the operation of a computer.
- Ability to work quickly under pressure, to make decisions and in order to meet deadlines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Effective human relations skills.
- Strong customer service skills.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than March 31, 2020. While we appreciate all applicants only shortlisted