We are seeking a qualified, experienced Pastry Chef Manager to lead the commercial baking operations of a successful business entity in Barbados. The successful candidate will be required to lead the day to day operations and manage a team of pastry chefs and bakers in the production of a range of high-quality pastries, desserts and breads.
- Manage the preparation of a wide variety cakes, cookies, pies, pastries, breads, croissants, and desserts.
- Design menus and develop new recipes for desserts, pastries and breads.
- Ensure that all products are attractively decorated and displayed.
- Train staff re: recipes, food preparation, use of equipment, portion control and excellent presentation of items.
- Conduct performance monitoring and performance appraisal of staff.
- Ensure adherence to health and safety rules, regulations and standards.
- Procure goods and raw materials per sales projections and budget requirements.
- Ensure proper storage and rotation of ingredients and products.
- Conduct ongoing research with the goal of improving food preparation processes.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of effective cost saving initiatives.
- Any other related duties as may be directed by senior management.
- A degree in Food Science or a related field or an approved qualification from a recognized Culinary Institute in food preparation and/or pastry making along with suitable experience in pastry making or food production.
- Experience in Production Planning, Operational Management and/or Quality Assurance in a manufacturing or food production environment.
- Experience in managing a commercial-sized kitchen would be an asset.
- Training and experience in applying HACCP standards.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a managerial or supervisory role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- A creative and innovative thinker.
- Budget-management skills and experience.
- Integrity and dependability.
- Results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines.
Closing date for applications is August 05, 2020