The incumbent is responsible for the overall management of Parks and Facilities under the purview of the Division of Tourism Culture and Transportation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages Parks and Facilities under the purview of the Division of Tourism Culture and Transportation this includes grounds, buildings and historical monuments.
- Ensures that all grounds, natural, cultural and historical resources at Parks and Facilities are well maintained and protected at all times.
- Performs regular inspections of Parks and Facilities, documenting and reporting all findings to supervisor.
- Follow up with relevant personnel/department to ensure that all reported issues are rectified in a timely manner.
- Ensures that facilities are in compliance with OSHA Act and all Occupational Health and Safety guidelines are adhere to.
- Liaise with the Project Implementation department for maintenance, remedial and developmental works to Parks and Facilities
- Supervise staff ensuring that tasks are performed correctly, efficiently and effectively.
- Prepare reports as required. • Works collaboratively with internal and external customers.
- Receives, investigates, and responds to problems and complaints from citizens, other department representatives, and outside agencies in a professional manner; identifies and reports findings and takes necessary corrective action.
- Prepare and maintain records of all contents of all building, machinery, equipment, plants etc. at parks and facilities
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES KNOWLEDGE:
- Knowledge of OSHA
- Knowledgeable in the practices of researching operational issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting effective reports.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Skill in the use of personal computer
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; and to prepare reports, briefs and other documents.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with associates and members of the public.
- Ability to plan, organize, assign, review, and evaluate the work of staff; train staff in work procedures.
- Ability to work with little supervision
MINIMUN EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree in natural science, public or business administration, facilities management or a related field minimum of five (5) years of relevant working experience, with at least three (3) years in a managerial/supervisory capacity.
- Any combination of training, education, and experience including at least three(3) in a managerial/supervisory capacity
REPORTS TO: Tourism Manager
SUPERVISION GIVEN TO: Designated Staff
Submit your application letter, curriculum vitae together with copies certificates and two (2) References by January 15th 2021