The North-East Regional Health Authority a statutory body under the Ministry of Health & Wellness with responsibility for the management and delivery of public health services within the parishes of St. Ann, St. Mary and Portland, invites applications from qualified persons to fill the position of Parish Nutritionist, St. Ann Health Department.
Reporting to the Medical Officer (Health) and under the technical guidance of the Regional Nutritionist, the incumbent will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and evaluating activities relating to the management of Public Health Nutrition Services within the parish while providing supervision to the parish's Assistant Nutritionists.
Qualification & Experience:
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques:
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
1. Developing, organizing, directing and evaluating parish nutrition programmes in accordance with guidelines established by the Nutrition and Dietetics Division to achieve national objectives.
2. Preparing annual plans and estimates for nutrition programmes and discussing with MO(H), Regional Nutritionist and Senior Public Health Staff.
3. Monitoring the Nutrition Surveillance System in the parish by ensuring the data is collected on targeted population as specified in nutrition division guidelines.
4. Ensuring that all clients with nutrition related needs are provided with appropriate quality nutrition services and administer an efficient and effective nutrition programme
5. Planning in collaboration with Regional Nutritionist, nutrition training programmes for the parish by determining training needs and scheduling training sessions as necessary.
6. Ensuring that all required reports are submitted to the MO(H) and Regional Nutritionist including monthly, quarterly and annual reports and other specific reports.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE PER ANNUM:
Salary Scale: $1,624,685 — 1,931,239 per annum along with any other allowance(s) attached to the post.
Applications along with detailed resume should be sent no later than Friday, 2020 October 30.