The Barbados Light & Power Company Limited (BLPC) is seeking applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the position of Operations Technician III. Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the successful candidate will be required to install, troubleshoot, test, program and maintain substation, SCADA and U.H.F & V.H.F radio equipment.
- Construct, test and commission new substations, and maintain all substation equipment.
- Build fibre communication infrastructure
- Install, program, diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain system protective relays.
- Install, program, diagnose and maintain U.H.F and V.H.F radio equipment
- Install, maintain and commission mobile transformers.
- Program and diagnose SCADA Power Quality meters.
- Perform maintenance and testing of Power transformers and HV switchgear.
- Perform tests HV cables.
- Perform Infrared inspection of substations and overhead lines.
- Test hotline vehicles and equipment
- Maintain and test stand-by generator.
Qualifications and Experience
- Associate Degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering or equivalent technical qualifications.
- Experience with PLCs and computers would be an asset.
- Involves a four (4) years’ training period.
In return, we are offering an attractive compensation package, including Group Life Insurance, Medical Coverage and Group Pension.
Deadline for submission is Friday, October 23, 2020.Please note that only suitable applications will be acknowledged.