The Operations Manager is a key member our client’s Operations Team. He/she manages all activities related to the operations and development of the company’s products, in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner to meet all sales demands and quality targets.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- Works as a part of the Senior Management team to develop and refine a long/medium-term plan for the Company.
- Develops Annual/Monthly Production Schedule and report on actual production output.
- Manages effectively and efficiently the Operations Departments.
- Ensures Annual/Monthly Production Plans are achieved and aligned with company’s strategic objectives.
- Responsible to produce all products in keeping with demand forecast.
- Provides fact-based analytical information to support production initiatives and contribute to the Business Planning and Evaluation Process.
- Manages the workflows on ERP System as required to ensure smooth movement of all inventory items from Raw Materials to Finished Goods.
- Presents monthly reports for all Production related activities.
- Liaises with all departments to ensure product/production targets are met.
- Ensures the smooth running of the Department by coordinating all activities and functions.
- Sets Performance Standards, Key Performance Indicators and conduct performance assessments for direct reports.
- Ensures that manpower is managed to meet operational demands and minimize overtime work.
- Assists on any committees/groups/task forces that may be formed to deal with specific plant related issues.
- Ensures adherence to established and approved Standard Operating Procedures, Conditions and Limits.
- Liaises with the Sales, Technology, Finance and Warehouse Departments to monitor stock/production levels and monitor quality issues of assigned product Lines.
- Ensures that effective stock count checks are conducted every quarter.
- Liaises with external customers/contractors/suppliers as and when necessary.
- Promotes safety awareness and the development of a Safety culture within the company.
- Complies with Company Policies, including maintaining & compliance with ISO and all other required standards
- Conducts any other related duties that may be assigned by the General Manager.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration or post graduate qualification in Management and a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Process or Mechanical).
- Minimum of ten years’ experience at a managerial level including at least five years in a similar capacity.
- Experience working with Multinationals would be a distinct advantage.
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ERP Systems.
- Effective communication and leadership skills.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to build effective relationships; internally and externally.
- Strong IT skills with proven ability to use the computer and business-related applications (MS office).
- Motivational skills: ability to get people moving towards a specific task.
- Ability to think strategically.
- Possess people skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Ability to analyze and execute in a fast paced and time sensitive environment.
Date posted: 24/11/2021| Application Deadline: not provided| Unposting: 8/12/2021| Job Ref: CO-VAC6644 |