The selected candidate has direct responsibility for day-to-day operations within both GK Capital and GK Investments. The role requires in depth knowledge of the applicable regulations for securities dealings and the management and settlement of varying financial asset classes. Additionally, the incumbent must ensure the efficiency, effectiveness and integrity of the systems and data across the various portfolio of assets.
- Monitor and approve transactions with regards to securities and cash settlements across various systems; ensure daily cash flow verification. Check & approve primary & secondary trades after submission by traders.
- Maintain securities prices various systems; Retail & Classic repurchase agreement securities allocation in accordance with FSC regulations; Monitor the Maintenance of the custody & safekeeping register.
- Review and maintain process maps and procedures; Assist in coordinating various special operational projects; Improve processes to achieve efficiency and accuracy for optimal productivity and reduce operational cost.
- Assist all business lines in the execution of overall strategic goals of the companies.
- Assist all business lines in identification and implementation of system improvements.
- Conduct review and make proposals for growth and development of direct reports
- Ensure all client and regulatory reports are filed within the stipulated deadline and ensure that all Service Level Agreements are met to enhance the client experience at all times.
- Responsible for the proper and complete recording of all investment transactions, and the posting of accounting entries relevant to each process witing operations.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of client records in accordance with applicable regulations.
Required Qualification, Experience, Knowledge and skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management, Finance or related discipline from a recognized tertiary institution
- Jamaican Securities Course
- 5 Years’ experience in Brokerage and Treasury Operations preferably within a financial institution with at least 2 years must be at the management level.
- High level of initiative
- Strong knowledge of accounting standards and brokerage operations
- Expert knowledge of banking, broker and securities settlement across asset classes
- Sound knowledge of the relevant systems and applications
- Sound knowledge of settlements procedures, GOJ Debt instruments and Securities Pricing
- Working knowledge of various settlements systems both local and international
- Exceptional analytical skills, strong oral and written communications skills, meticulous and detail-oriented.
- Must be a team player, problem solver, critical thinker, self-motivated and possess integrity and a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently on concurrent tasks and adhere to deadlines while easily adapting to changing priorities.
- Able to meet high expectations for precision and accuracy.
- Must be highly organized
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members at all levels, stakeholders.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office specifically Excel and Word
Qualified applicants are invited to submit applications no later than 28/01/2022.