The North-East Regional Health Authority a statutory body under the Ministry of Health & Wellness with responsibility for the management and delivery of public health services within the parishes of St. Ann, St. Mary and Portland, invites applications from qualified persons to fill the position of Operating Theatre Manager, St. Ann's Bay Regional Hospital.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the non-medical aspects of the operating theatre, including the maintenance of equipment, and management of supplies inventory.
Qualification & Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Business Administration/Management Studies
• Minimum of two (2) years experience in a similar capacity
Required Skills and Specialized Techniques:
• Must demonstrate strong managerial and leadership skills.
• Excellent inter-personal skills.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent time management skills
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
• Monitoring the adherence to preventative maintenance of critical equipment assigned to the Operating Theatre.
• Liaison between Surgeons, Anaesthesiologists, Nursing staff and Technicians to ensure that preliminary paperwork, lab reports, x-rays and pathology results are readily accessible prior to the commencement of procedures.
• Liaising with Surgeons and all other Operating Theatre staff to schedule elective and emergency procedures to minimize prolonged turnover time between cases and to organize the rescheduling of deferred cases.
• Synchronizing the operating theatre timetable to ensure that procedural delays are kept at a minimum.
• Co-ordinating the supply of materials to the operating theatre to ensure that there is an adequate supply of instruments, anaesthetic drugs/gases, sterile linen, operating theatre gowns and attire. Generally supervise the provision of operating theatre materials such as fluids and sutures.
• Co-ordinating patient billing with Assessment Officer to ensure that all patients are billed, and payments made prior to surgery.
? Ensuring that the sanitation of the Operating Theatre is kept at optimal levels.
• Preparing and submit monthly reports on the functioning of the operating theatre to the Chief Executive Officer.
• Coordinating operating theatre committee meetings, ensuring minutes are recorded and relevant actions are followed.
REMUNERATION PACKAGE PER ANNUM:
Salary Scale: $1,410,802 — 1,677,000 per annum along with any other allowance(s) attached to the post.
Applications along with detailed resume should be sent no later than Friday, 2020 August 14.