The incumbent will be required to perform frontline customer service and/or office support duties such as data entry, filing, checking documents, composing routine correspondence, delivering, collecting and distributing mail, operating standard office equipment and packing, sorting and distributing office supplies
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Enters, updates and retrieves simple data using personal computer.
• Checks documents and forms for accuracy and completeness of information entered.
• Gathers specific information to be used in reports and other documents from sources such as publications, records, files etc.
• Locates, retrieves and files materials in accordance with established criteria.
• Prepares routine correspondence, forms and reports.
• Collects, sorts and distributes incoming mail, documents, packages and other materials.
• Delivers, sorts and stamps outgoing mail and makes appropriate entries in register.
• Registers mail as directed.
• Collects, packs, sorts and distributes stationery, office supplies and equipment.
• Maintains inventory of office supplies and equipment.
• Operates equipment such as photocopiers, facsimile machines, scanners and binders and reports the need for repairs where necessary.
• Assists with the movement of office equipment, supplies, furniture and other items.
• Greets and directs visitors to appropriate offices/meeting rooms and operates systems for the receipt and routing of calls.
• Asks questions to determine customers’ needs, reports on and follows up on queries/issues as directed.
• Performs any other related duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Some knowledge of basic office procedures and practices.
• Some knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Some knowledge of filing systems and file maintenance procedures
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Basic skill in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to understand simple oral and written instructions.
• Ability to speak and write clearly and effectively.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment such as photocopiers, computers, scanners and facsimile machines.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and members of the public.
• Ability to work in teams, use initiative and maintain confidentiality.
• Ability to prepare routine correspondence and reports.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
• A minimum of six (6) months’ experience performing office support duties.
• A Minimum of three (3) CXC/GCE O’Level passes including English Language.
Closing date for the receipt of all applications - Friday 26th February, 2021