The island government of Saba is known for its stability. It maintains good relations with the Netherlands and makes sure that results are accomplished in various domains. In the organization, people work together on the further development of the island. Our colleagues work on infrastructure (airport, harbor, water management), public works, planning, waste collection and management, tourism, social development, health care, agriculture, HRM, ICT, finance, communication, civil affairs, legal advice, and various policy areas. The staff consists of about 190 persons in total. The Public Entity Saba is looking for a network administrator in the information and communicationstechnology field for 2 years. The network administrator reports to the Island Secretary.
The Network Administrator's role is to ensure the stable operation of the computer networks, this includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links
• Implementation - includes installing and configuring networking software, laying out and connecting cables between servers and nodes, establishing secure connections (installing wireless transmitters and receivers with the ICT Assistant), Drawing up on entire Network Plan/Description with all hardware and software, VLAN implementation, Network segmentation, define network policies and procedures, research and make recommendations to the Senior ICT Worker
• Management - updating network and security software; monitoring daily Network traffic, maintaining network logs, assisting with special projects when needed, monitoring of Firewall, monitor of DHCP Server, scanning all IP Addresses, ensuring network security and connectivity, monitoring network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses
• Troubleshooting - analyzing network logs, IP conflicts, network loops (installing patches, along with ICT Assistant), rewiring network patches and ports, resolving problems by the end user for network connectivity, and troubleshooting when & if the entire network loses internet connectivity
• Self-education - keeping up to date with all the latest network protocols, ensuring that OLS has the up-to-date network switch, hubs, and firewalls.
• Reports back to Senior ICT Worker with recommendations and updates for the Network Infrastructure
• Fundamental knowledge of networking concepts
• Proven network engineering, network operations, and network performance analysis skills
• Hands-on technical troubleshooting capabilities
• Ability to work independently under minimal supervision
• Knowledge of computing infrastructures
• Familiarity with server management and network monitoring tools
• Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving ability
• Proficiency with scripting languages
• Strong interpersonal skills to assist non-technical individuals with complex technical issues
• Experience with HP Management Switches
• Experience with PfSense Firewall
• Experience with VPN management
• Experience in Security Firewalls
• Must be a team player, have excellent communication skills, and is flexible and practical
• English Language
Education and Experience Requirements
• Associate degree in computer science
• Cisco Certified Network Associate
• CompTIA Network+
• 2+ years experience as a network administrator
• Experience in other workplaces with networking
• Basic knowledge of Microsoft office 2019 recommended
• Experience in Windows Server 2012 to 2019 recommended
• Basic computer troubleshooting
Public Entity Saba offers a 36-hour work week (full time) and a basic salary of $ 3,890 to $ 5,335.00 excl. 15.5% allowances (scale 12) and a competitive secondary employment conditions package. We also offer a relocation packet for the ideal candidate traveling from abroad.
Submit your application letter and CV before July 8 th , 2022.