To provide end-to-end management of all network systems, including network servers, switches, routers, firewalls and associated storage platforms, clients, services, applications and related components across the VM Group.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the implementation and testing of Network, Security and Telecommunications related infrastructure and provide guidance in:
- Analyzing capacity requirements and designing the optimum environment configuration that meets the Group’s requirements.
- Ensuring recommended enhancements or changes to the production environment conform to specifications and established standards.
- Developing detailed implementation activity schedules for completing infrastructure upgrades.
- Supervising the testing and implementation activities.
- Liaising with the business units, support personnel and telecom vendors to resolve systems problems encountered during testing and implementation.
- Lead the development and implementation of procedures or techniques for monitoring the Group’s Network, Security and Telecommunications infrastructure and ensures that the highest level of security and integrity is maintained.
- Lead preparation of documentation including – project plans, budget proposals, case documents, policy statement and standards, infrastructure schematics and training materials for use by or presentation to; senior management, team members, general staff or external parties.
- Gather business, user and application requirements for desired levels of security, performance and availability
- Determine appropriate specifications, capacity and redundancy for network, server and storage solutions to satisfy agreed requirements
- Procure or provision physical, virtual or cloud server and storage solutions from vendors and service providers to meet or exceed specifications
- Install and configure network operating systems, applications and utilities to provide resources and services with satisfactory response times and maximum security
- Monitor network systems including, associated server/storage solutions, operating systems, databases, applications and utilities for utilization and uptime
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues and problems affecting performance and availability
- Develop and maintain documentation of solution designs and implementation for required support and desired optimization
- Perform patch management to ensure compliance with security standards
- Perform backup as per standard and conduct regular testing to ensure successful recovery of information
- Participate in annual Disaster Recovery exercises, recommending and implementing required changes to ensure recovery within required standards
- Perform any other related duties assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering
- MCSA:SQL Database Administrator
- Oracle Certified Database Administrator
- MySQL Database Administrator (desirable)
- DB2 Database Administrator (desirable)
- ITIL Foundation (desirable)
- Minimum three (3) years working experience, preferably within a financial institution
Application Deadline Thursday January 14, 2021