To support the MTCC Caribbean deliverables under the TEST Biofouling project.
- Assists in research preparation in respect of data collection, collation and analysis.
- Collates and generates material for capacity-building activities.
- Liaises with a wide range of stakeholders in the maritime sector on behalf of MTCC Caribbean.
- Ensures timely reporting to the IMO on project deliverables.
- Maintains up-to-date information on the MTCC website and other media as required by the project.
- Maintains the social presence of the MTCC.
- Prepares, participates, and coordinates MTCC Caribbean's capacity-building workshops, pilot projects and other activities of a similar nature.
- Prepares reports.
- Assists in any other duties as assigned by the Project Manager MTCC Caribbean (Academic)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- A Bachelor's Degree in Nautical Science and Maritime Operations or a Master's Degree in Operational Maritime Management
- Familiarity with the maritime industry
- Strong analytical, proactive, and problem-solving skills applied to working on complex, sensitive, time-critical issues
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills (English)
- Fluency in Spanish both verbal and in writing
- The ability to communicate in Portuguese will be an asset.