To be responsible for the efficient management of the IT department and ensure adequate IT end-user support is provided to all internal and external clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure systems are in place to ensure the timely and accurate delivery of all IT services.
- Provide problem resolution metrics to the management team.
- Ensure that all IT related hardware and equipment are operational at all times.
- Ensure a disaster recovery plan for hardware and software is developed and maintained.
- Manage the required IT component of existing or requested business solutions.
- Assign staff duties as is necessary and monitor performance.
- Ensure that the organisation’s web services are maintained as is necessary.
- Provide reports to support the management team.
- Monitor the daily operations of the department.
- Ensure all internal IT support needs for internally developed software applications, servers, personal computers, internal network and external data communication are met in a professional and timely manner.
- Develop necessary end-user training programmes, including user documentation.
- Maintenance of databases.
- Provide network and server administration, including performing backups.
- Provide hardware and networking support for the ENCOM and CDAP systems.
- Provide support for site installations, hardware and network maintenance for the Pharmacy Management system used at major public health institutions.
- Work directly with vendors on all externally developed IT systems for C40.
- Perform any other related duties as necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- A minimum of five (5) years experience in a similar position.
- Any equivalent combination of qualifications and experience.
SPECIAL SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Working knowledge of current IT management best practices.
- Knowledge of SQL, and reporting tools such as Crystal Reports and Power BI.
- Knowledge of DBMS systems SQL Server, My SQL, Progress.
- Basic knowledge of pharmaceuticals and public healthcare systems will be an asset.
- Project Management experience would be an asset.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees and the public.
- Ability to work efficiently with a team or individually, as is necessary.
- Good supervisory skills.
- Standards set in relation to the Department’s business plan, strategic objectives and budgets.
- NIPDEC’s policies and procedures.
- Established professional standards, industry best practice and statutory requirements.
The closing date for the submission of applications is Tuesday, November 29, 2022.