The Barbados Light & Power Company Limited (BLPC) is seeking applications from suitably qualified professionals to fill the position of Meter Technician (Trainee). Reporting to the Operations Supervisor, the successful candidate will be required to perform skilled, semi-skilled and mechanical work in the testing and installation of single and three phase meters. The person hired into this position will also perform technical work in the testing and installation of meters and communication hardware in the AMI environment.
- Install, test, calibrate, configure, repair and recondition electronic and electromechanical meters and meter related equipment in the shop/ field.
- Assist with the construction of profiles for smart meters (AMI).
- Program and test smart meters (AMI) within local WAN network.
- Check, troubleshoot and rectify reported meter faults.
- Conduct electric tests for new and in-service meter accuracy.
- Inspect meters and instruments for proper wiring connections including testing and calibration of department voltmeters, amprobes etc.
- Inspect meters for suspected tampering/ current diversion.
- Maintain multimeter calibration schedule.
- Assess and determine when meters are written off and destroyed, and assist in the destruction of units.
- Verify and perform routine maintenance on the test benches.
- Use a computer to enter meter related data, to program electronic watt-hour meters and to maintain and monitor meter stock files.
- Download and investigate load profile information from meters and prepare reports as necessary.
- Provide support for the Meter DATA management function in the AMI network.
- Ensure compliance with all health and safety standards, rules and laws.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least five (5) subjects at CXC General Proficiency, Grade 2 or higher.
- City & Guilds Diploma Electrical installation or any equivalent technical qualifications.
In return, we are offering an attractive compensation package, including Group Life Insurance, Medical Coverage and Group Pension.
Deadline for submission is Friday, October 4, 2019.Please note that onlysuitable applications will be acknowledged.