About the role
- Our Summer Internship Program is designed with your career goals and personal development in mind. Highlights of the program include:
- 12 week program: June 1st-August 21st 2020
- Challenging assignments within your designated discipline that are steered by a set of attainable expectations and deliverables
- An assigned Supervisor and team support and feedback on work-related matters
- Interns will work on group projects including an Environment/Safety project and/or Community project based within the communities in which the Company operates
- Work assignments and projects will involve several presentations and other interactions with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Participation in team building and social events with other interns and employees
About the role
BHP Petroleum has a strategy to pursue significant upstream opportunities with multiple options for growth to ensure continued success. More information about our portfolio, operations and culture can be found at[link removed]
The BHP Petroleum Internship Program was established to give students first-hand experience of working in a petroleum company alongside oil and gas professionals. Interns will work as part of an integrated team on several tasks and projects. The Program was built for a unique experience that offers professional development while networking with other interns, colleagues and senior management.
In this role you will have exposure to:
- Design, Maintenance and Operation of Mechanical systems inclusive of Asset Integrity Management for an offshore facility through a combination of office based and site activities.
- Working as a member of the BHP Trinidad and Tobago Surface Engineering team , completing value-added assignments in support of ongoing Offshore / Onshore operations
- Experienced mentors with extensive knowledge in Mechanical Engineering, Project Engineering and Asset Integrity.
- Participation as a member of the team of BHP Trinidad and Tobago Summer Interns to deliver Community and other projects as assigned
- Students must be nationals/residents of Trinidad and Tobago
- Must be currently pursuing an undergraduate program as a full-time student in the areas of Electrical Engineering
- Students must have a minimum 3.0 GPA or B Average grade profile
- Students must be in 2nd or 3rd year of university
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Global mind-set and awareness
- Students must be dependable and flexible, demonstrate initiative and above all put safety first
Date closing 20 April 2020 at 00:00 GMT