The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (NGC), a leading Company in the development of the country's natural gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified professionals to join our dynamic team to work in a challenging, results-oriented environment.
This position is responsible for:
- Leading the development and execution of the Company’s overall Technology strategy and roadmap, ensuring its integration with the organisation’s strategy and objectives in compliance with budgetary allocations and works independently under broad organizational guidelines to achieve departmental objectives.
- Collaborating with all functional areas to drive innovation and technology enabled solutions, and implement technology strategies for value creation and improved process efficiency
- Leading and directing technology teams assigning tasks and establishing metrics for monitoring results, actively applying leading and best practices to effectively accomplish the organisation's defined strategic goals and objectives.
- Verifying strategy compliance through the achievement of strategic goals and objectives by establishing and maintaining a results-based management system to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the implementation of Technology objectives and the impact it has on the business.
- Scanning the technology environment of the global Gas and Oil industry to gain industry insights and provide advisory services to Leadership and Business units on current technology trends and directions.
- Overseeing the establishment of Group integrated plans relating to the design, analysis, development, implementation and deployment of technology projects.
- Making recommendations to build resource capacity and talent in achieving a strong Technology and Innovation team.
The minimum requirements for the position are:
- BSc in Computer Science or Information Technology
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or any related field
- Seven (7) years leadership experience in an information technology environment
- Experience in the oil and gas industry would be an asset.
Knowledge and Skills
- SAP Enterprise Systems
- Business Process Reengineering
- Information systems security and controls
- Modern technologies in use in oil & gas industry
- Emerging technologies
- Data Analytics and techniques
- ITIL and COBIT
- Project Management
- Strategic thinking
- Change Management
- Strong business acumen
- Strong Leadership skills
- Problem Solving
- Strong Communication skills
NGC offers a competitive compensation package inclusive of Housing Allowance, Pension Benefits, Group Life Coverage, Computer and Education Loans.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is: 01/06/2020