The Manager Quality is responsible for contributing to operational policy formulation and the development and implementation of a strategic plan for quality improvement and accreditation. Work is performed with considerable initiative and independent judgment in consultation with other managers, clinical directors, primary care directors, nursing and service managers. The incumbent is also responsible for developing, implementing and evaluating quality improvement programmes and plans throughout the organization and ensure adherence to all approved standards protocols and guidelines within the Authority.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops policies and plans congruent with the Tobago Regional Health Authority’s strategic plan for improving service quality.
- Collaborates with other RHA Managers in the development of strategic plans, operational objectives and key performance indicators.
- Leads the development of QI targets and indicators for approval of the Board and inclusion in the TRHA business plan utilizing the outputs of audits, surveys, reviews and client-feedback.
- Collaborates with IS/IT Department to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of a Quality Management Information System (QMIS)
- Initiates region-wide Quality Improvement projects aimed at improving service quality.
- Ensures that effective quality systems, documentations and controls exist.
- Prepares quality improvement status reports for review by Quality/Risk Committee and Board approval.
- Develops and maintains a system for auditing and monitoring all operations and services to drive continuous improvements and ensuring adherence to practices in keeping with Health Facilities Accreditation Standards.
- Collaborates with the microbiologist to introduce a plan for implementing the National Policy on Infection Prevention and Control.
- Defines document standards to guarantee the homogeneity of procedures and working instructions related to the Quality System.
- Compiles all required information and make available to the Authority’s authorized Representative for release to external agencies as it relates to quality matters.
- Convenes QI meetings with Heads of Departments, Standing Committees and working groups of professionals to review implementation of plans / interventions; policies and guidelines and discuss Quality Audit reports.
- Collaborates with the Education Manager in the development of training sessions to address training needs identified during audits and surveys.
- Advises clinical and non-clinical staff on the need for revising standards and protocols.
- Advises on the appropriateness of health technology to meet local population needs.
- Initiate research projects to ascertain root causes of incidents/ complaints.
- Prepare and submit Annual Quality Improvement Reports.
- Collaborates with HR Department to initiate a system for monitoring health professionals’ credentials/ license.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences or Health Administration from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree with a concentration in Quality Management / Quality Auditing from a recognized institution.
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in Quality Management / Quality Auditing, five (5) of which must be at a supervisory/managerial level.
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of health professionals’ legislation.
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of health care quality management.
- Extensive knowledge in Health Accreditation Standards
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Ability to apply TQM tools and techniques to carry out investigative research, e.g. statistical process control and root cause analysis.
- Ability to mobilize the support of various health disciplines to achieve quality improvement targets.
- Knowledge of procedures involving Team Building, Improvement Process Management and development of Policies and Procedures.
Please clearly indicate the position for which you are applying either in the subject line of your email or on the envelope.
All external certification must have Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) certification.
We thank you for your interest in Tobago Regional Health Authority but unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Apply no later than 10th July, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.