Under the direct supervision of the Director, Corporate Services, the Manager, Public Procurement has the responsibility to ensure that goods, services and works required by the Institute are procured and delivered as requested in accordance with relevant laws including, Government of Jamaica Public Procurement Act 2015 and Regulations and with the Institute’s rules and procedures.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- B.Sc. in Business Administration, Management Studies, Public Administration, Public Sector Management, Economics, Accounts or any related field
- Certificate in Public Procurement: UNDP/CIPS Level 3 or INPRI Level 4 and MIND
- Five (5) years related work experience in procurement of goods and services
STATIN – CORE COMPETENCIES
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and environmental awareness
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent teamwork and cooperation skills
- Demonstrated high level of integrity
- Demonstrated customer and quality focus
- Excellent technical skills
SUPERVISORY / MANAGERIAL SKILLS
- Sound analytical and problemsolving skills
- Good time and project management skills.
- Ability to delegate work effectively in order to meet timelines
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to lead and motivate staff
- Demonstrated effectiveness in enabling change
FUNCTIONAL COMPETENCIES [Job]
- Sound knowledge of the Government Public Procurement Act 2015 & Regulations
- Sound knowledge of the FAA Act
- Sound Knowledge of Supplies Management
- Knowledge of Project Management
- Knowledge of Budget Preparation
- Knowledge of Contract Management
- Knowledge of Tender Management
- Proficiency in the relevant computer application software
Summary of Duties
- Provides advice to the Director, Corporate Services, Senior Finance Manager, other Directors, and Managers on procurement policies and procedures.
- Monitors and ensures that effective and up to date procurement records are maintained.
- Monitors and ensures that procurement practices conform to the Financial Audit Act (FAA), Public Procurement Act 2015 and Regulations, Government Procurement Guidelines and the Institute’s Procurement Charter and Policy and Procedures Manual.
- Monitors and maintains an inventory listing of all equipment brought within the Institute.
- Acts as purchasing agent on behalf of the Institute as well as for local funded projects.
- Plays a lead role in the preparation/ review of procurement policies and procedures.
- Evaluates the performance of the procurement process along with the Director, Corporate Services and Procurement Committee members.
- Acts as e-Procurement Coordinator and Lead Evaluator.
- Coordinates and conducts procurement compliance reviews, procurement training seminars/workshops.
- Coordinates reports for submission to the MOFP, OCG, PPC, and Cabinet.
- Ensures that tender documents are prepared in accordance with GOJ standards, disseminated timely and accurately.
- Monitors the organization’s procurement activities to ensure conformity to the Procurement Plan.
- Oversees the tendering process and contract award process.
- Provides advice on public procurement matters to officers.
- Represents Unit at Procurement and Contract Award Committees and Board meetings.
- Represents Institute at PPC Sector Committee, PPC, Cabinet Infrastructure Committee meetings.
- Prepares contract award recommendations.
- Reviews procedures for the procurement of works, goods & services carried out by the Institute.
- Review reports for submission to MFP, PPC, OCG, and Cabinet.
- Provides the Finance and Accounting Unit with the necessary assistance and information as it relates to the preparation of cheques for payments and reconciliation of accounts.
- Manages, monitors and controls the procurement of goods, services, and works and ensures that the objectives and basic principles of procurements guidelines and procedures and complied with.
- Procures goods and services on a competitive basis without compromising quality and ensures proper storage.
- Monitors the issuing of purchase orders and follows up for receipt/delivery of goods and /or services.
- Prepares Budget, Corporate and Operational Plans for the Unit.
- Monitors orders and re-orders levels in order to minimize the incidence of extravagance and waste.
- Attends meetings of the Institute’s Procurement Committee
- Represents the Institute at Conferences, Workshops and Seminars.
Applications should be submitted by Wednesday, August 5,, 2020