The Public Transport Service Corporation (PTSC), in its drive towards improving and expanding its services, is pleased to invite applications for the following contract position: Manager Procurement and Logistics.
To direct and control the central purchasing function; to ensure that goods and services are purchased at the most competitive prices and at the required quality; and to ensure that goods and supplies are re-ordered and kept in stock so as to make the most efficient use of the Corporation's resources.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develops and implements systems, policies and procedures to ensure that the Corporation's purchasing function operates effectively and efficiently.
• Directs and controls purchasing staff to ensure that they are well motivated and trained and that they carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
• Maintains the central purchasing budget to ensure the effective monitoring and control of all purchases.
• Manages spending in accordance with approved budgets and within stipulated guidelines
• Negotiates contracts with suppliers who meet the company's requirements to secure the most favourable terms of business for the Corporation
• Keeps all contracts for the supply of goods and services under review to ensure that they are being carried out effectively and re-negotiates terms where necessary
• Maintains an awareness of any developments in the field of central purchasing or with suppliers to ensure that the Corporation continues to apply the most effective policies and procedures
• Participates, from time-to-time, in cross-functional teams on projects involving the acquisition of major assets
• Performs other related duties as may be assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• A Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Purchasing, Procurement or a related discipline
• Negotiation skills
• Networking and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of contract law, buying procedures and relevant government regulations
• Ability to manage budgets
• Ability to work within strict deadlines
• Ability to protect confidential information
REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and knowledge of purchasing software
• Minimum of three (3) years similar experience
Any similar combination of qualifications and experience will be considered.
Close for application: 07th August 2020. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.