The Manager, Insurance will report to the General Counsel & Corporate Secretary with a dotted line relationship to the Vice President of Human Resources. The selected candidate will provide leadership for and oversee all activities of the company’s Insurance portfolio, including but not limited to evaluating and negotiating CAL’s aviation insurance program, , procurement of asset insurance, presiding over claim investigations and reporting on risk in support of commercial and operational objectives. He/she will be responsible for all areas of insurance coverage system-wide including all Aviation Insurance, General Insurance, Group Health and Life insurance plans and make appropriate recommendations on coverage and costs. He/she shall serve as the Administrator and/or Trustee of CAL’s Pension Plans to ensure that the pension funds are administered in accordance with the Caribbean Airlines Pension Plan Committee Rules and Statutes.
• Negotiation: Presides over all Claim Investigations and negotiates with all relevant parties including Claimants, Insurance Brokers and Insurance Companies, Attorneys, Loss Adjustors and Third-Party Claim Administrators and Passengers and Employees;
• Insurance Plan Administration: Responsible for the management, oversight and administration of all Insurance products system-wide including Aviation Asset and Passenger Insurances, Health/Medical Insurance Plans, Pension Plans, Group Life Insurance and other Employee Benefit programs;, Workman’s Compensation and Aviation Personal Accident Insurance., Property Insurances , Crime and Fraud Insurance, General Liability Insurance coverage, Directors and Officers Liability Insurance, Employment Practice Liability Insurance, Marine Insurance, Travel Insurance, Cargo Insurance
• Employee Benefits Administration: Analyses statistical data, such as accident, sickness, disability, and retirement rates and construct probability tables to forecast risk and liability for payment of future benefits
• Legal Document Review: Works closely with the Legal Department and provides relevant insurance advice and guidelines on matters relating to all the company’s contracts with third parties and internal stakeholders
• Compliance: Oversees compliance and regulatory matters domestically and abroad, and manages contract management systems to ensure compliance.
• Customer Service: Ensures that there is constant engagement with the existing customer base, to facilitate excellent service delivery, and goes beyond service expectations to assist customers by implementing mutually beneficial solutions;
• Risk Management: Evaluates all potential risks in the Company and advises on the various courses of action and to minimize risk of financial loss;
• Continuous improvement: Reviews Insurance Policies and Risk Management Initiatives and supports the development of a culture of constant improvement by continuously measuring the internal and external factors and develop new and efficient ways to drive business opportunities;
You must a minimum of eight (8) years in a similar position. You must have full ACII and FLMI certification or combination of relevant experience and training. Training and knowledge in Aviation insurance law and insurance risk and policies would be an asset.
You must have a high degree of negotiation, financial and analytical skills. You must demonstrate interpersonal, listening, oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, both domestically and internationally, including insurance brokers, insurers, passengers and employees. You must demonstrate the ability to work within tight timeframes and balance competing stakeholder demands and expectations. You must be team oriented and well as display a self-starter attitude.
Application period: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 to Tue, 29 Nov 2022. Application deadline: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 at 11:59PM UTC time (7:59PM Trinidad & Tobago time)