To provide leadership to the Innovation and Research Unit to facilitate the ideation, assessment, prototyping, development, implementation and/or integration of new technology-based products and/or services within the VM Group and its Subsidiaries.
- Directs the overall operations of the Unit to establish and meet the Units goals, budgets and key performance metrics.
- Contributes to the development of the Corporate and Operational Plans and Budget.
- Establishes and monitors performance targets for staff
- Reviews the performance of the Unit with respect to adherence to policies, procedures, standards and quality requirements.
- Develops and implements strategies to ensure the efficient and effective management and administration of the Unit
- Directs the preparation of the annual budget plans for resources, capital and recurrent expenditure for the Unit in accordance with the organization's operational goals and objectives.
- Informs Chief Executive Officer of operational progress, risks, issues, major setbacks, resource constraints and significant deviations from agreed objectives/targets/actions.
- Represents the organization at meetings, conferences, workshops and seminars as required.
- Leads efforts for scouting and standardizing market research methods for novel ideas and insights; strategic innovation; promoting open innovation; and introducing group tools and processes
- Leads initiatives for establishing and implementing idea generation platforms, e.g. jam sessions, hackathons, and internal or external crowdsourcing
- Design and model solutions for customer innovation and experience along with similar initiatives variants
- Reviews and analyses trends and market disruptions, and searches for new opportunities
- Conducts workshops and circulates learnings across the organization regarding innovative products
- Oversees selection and management of third-party vendors/consultants hired for specific requirements
- Oversees Project Planning, Risk Assessment, and Management & Implementation of Innovative Solutions
- Identifies risks, creates mitigation strategies, plans and executes them in timely manner
- Oversees multiple tasks and projects simultaneously in a fast-moving environment
- Ensures team keeps on the cutting-edge of technology trends and works with new technologies to develop solutions consistent with best practices, agreed quality standards and client requirements
- Performs any other related duties consistent with the category, nature, functions and objectives of the job
Application Deadline Friday January 22, 2021