Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate should possess:
- A Master’s Degree from a recognized university in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Software Engineering or other closely related ICT or Management discipline
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in an enterprise support department or service provider environment working with and providing application solutions to end users of enterprise IT systems
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in management, including leading IT development teamsKnowledge in a combination of at least seven (7) of the following:
- Business Analytics
- Project Management
- Enterprise IT Governance
- Business Analysis
- Business Process Improvement
- Requirements definition and management
- Portfolio Management
- User Experience
- Programme Management
- Customer Service Support
Candidates with the following would have an advantage:
- Industry-recognized certification in areas related to Project Management, application development or systems analysis, Oracle RDBMS, MS SQL from a recognized training institution.
- At least seven (7) years’ proven practical experience with substantial knowledge in implementing enterprise application software in project teams, preferably in a distributed environment.
Proven practical experience in the management of enterprise commercial and open source software projects will be considered an asset.
- Supporting the CIO in building strategic relations within the Campus and across The UWI
- Maintaining relationships with vendors and software providers in procurement, and problem tracking and resolution
- Supporting IT activities outside of software development as necessary
- Leading and managing change through process development and improvement
- Designing, developing, implementing and coordinating systems, policies and procedures
- Appreciating and contributing to the regional character of the University and its regional responsibilities, through involvement in professional bodies.
The Campus IT Services places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates must also:
- Be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with senior management as well as end users and non-technical persons within the organization
- Be able to efficiently manage time and resources
- Be able to clearly communicate complex concepts or solutions in oral and written forms
- Be able to effectively handle difficult situations with influential stakeholders
- Possess strong customer focus and dedication to superior customer service
DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS: 2021 May 16