Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Corporate Banking team in the capacity of: Manager Credit Solutions
The selected candidate will be responsible for contributing to the profitable growth and quality of the Bank’s Business credit portfolio by providing financial solutions for clients. Tasks include risk analysis, deal structuring, negotiation, and presentation in concert with the Relationship Managers (RM). The incumbent interfaces directly with clients when this required, in partnership with the RM. The Team Lead Credit Solutions Manager liaises with the Credit Risk Department through the credit decision making process.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the profitable development of credit products and communicate with the prospect or client by:
- Conduct financial analysis and recommendation of terms, conditions and covenants to provide viable banking proposal to the client within sound credit lending practices.
- Review credits prepared by credit solution managers prior to the application submission to the Credit Risk Department.
- Prepare credit application for prospects in conjunction with RM.
- Arrange and conduct training for credit solution managers.
- Ensure that Credits are reviewed before expiry dates &/or required extensions done. Ensure compliance to Regulator’s requirements.
- Ensure a high level of service is maintained and that credit applications are presented in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure that accounts under your control do not deteriorate below the “performing” level, unless by uncontrollable circumstance.
- Ensure that credits are reviewed on a timely basis and that the required information is requested at least three (3) months prior to the expiry of facilities.
- Ensuring that credits are in compliance with the bank’s lending policies, The Banking Act 1992, its Amendment of 1997 and BOJ Regulations that came into full effect on July 1, 2000.
- Keep the Vice President of the Corporate and Commercial, SME & Retail Banking Department abreast of all developments both positive and adverse and to suggest possible solutions/ strategies where necessary.
- Determine the adequacy and enforceability (with legal help if necessary) of collateral security, the financial condition of borrowers and their capacity to service the debts being presented to the Credit Committee for approval.
- Thorough knowledge to complete assigned credits:
- The incumbent must be able to effectively articulate their views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Contribute to the effective management of the Corporate banking portfolio:
- Handling difficult employees and confrontations. Handling difficult clients and interviews e.g. where loan quality is unacceptable to the bank, under any circumstances.
- Using discretion in situations where loans are marginal but may be acceptable if terms and conditions are modified. Obtaining/verifying necessary information and following through on documentation, e.g. security registration.
- Handling difficult employees and confrontations. Using discretion in situations where loans are marginal but may be acceptable if terms and conditions are modified.
- Obtaining /verifying necessary information.
Academic Qualifications/Specialized Skills/Competencies:
- First Degree in Management Studies, Finance, Economics with a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in Banking including at least 5 years of general credit including corporate lending and loan administration.
- Thorough knowledge of the commercial banking marketplace in Jamaica and general knowledge of the assigned market areas, key industries and competitive positioning within the assigned market area.
- Understanding of the commercial bank’s objectives, thorough knowledge of segment, strategies, structure, as well as it's lending and deposit products and services.
- Good communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills are essential to this position.
- Must be able to effectively articulate their views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
- Good networking and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills and ability to assess lending risks.
- Thorough knowledge of the Banking Act 1992, the Banking Amendment Act 1997 and the BOJ Regulations regarding Credit Classification, Provisioning and Non-accrual Requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of the Bank’s Commercial Lending Credit Policies / Guidelines and Products and Services as well as the proper use and preparation of the relevant underwriting tools templates.
- Knowledge of computer applications used by the Bank.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than February 29, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.