The Telecommunications Authority of Trinidad and Tobago (the Authority) is an independent body established to regulate the telecommunications and broadcasting sectors. Our Corporate Culture incorporates teamwork, a strong work ethic and individual professionalism. Applications are being invited from dynamic, forward-thinking individuals for the following position: Manager Compliance.
To manage the Authorisation process, ensure concession obligations conform to required standards and legal obligations for maintaining order in the telecommunication and broadcasting sectors, and establish and maintain robust processes for the investigation and inspection of telecommunications and broadcasting systems and networks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Maintain an understanding of relevant regulatory requirements and effectively develop and maintain procedures and processes to measure compliance with Concession obligations and requirements for maintaining appropriate records.
2. Monitor compliance with Concession obligations and regulations developed by the Authority.
3. Initiate investigations where anti-competitive practices and misleading conduct have been identified by the relevant departments and take actions against such practices and conduct.
4. In conjunction with other departments, conduct investigations prior to enforcement of legislation under the purview of the division.
5. In conjunction with other divisions as appropriate, organise and conduct inspections of licensees and concessionaires equipment installations and or premises, raid and search operations on activities contravening the Telecommunications Act, Chap. 47.31 falling within the purview of the Telecommunications Authority.
6. Lead team of assigned Telecommunications Inspectors taking appropriate steps to mitigate risks and maintain their security and safety during inspection activities.
7. Ensure the preparation technical records and reports required for the enforcement of telecommunications matters under the Telecommunications Act, Chap. 47.31 of Trinidad and Tobago.
8. Provide support in research and analysis of policy and regulatory issues, including drafting of information notes, consultation papers, policy papers, statements, guidelines and codes of practice. Monitor industry compliance with the laws of Trinidad and Tobago including IPR.
9. Manage the Broadcast complaints process in conjunction with the Broadcast Committee ensuring that all record keeping is maintained appropriately.
10. Support the process in handling major cases of industry disputes/complaints
11. Manage the Authorisation process and perform secretarial and other support duties to the Concession Committee.
12. Manage the processing of approved concession applications between the Authority and the Ministry with responsibility for telecommunications
13. Conduct research, where appropriate, on international regulatory frameworks to determine trends and their application to local policy objectives.
14. Effectively supervise a team of professionals providing guidance, directives, and support and training as appropriate.
15. Comply with the HSE policy & procedures of the Authority and cooperate with workplace health and safety measures and initiatives.
16. Ensure risk management activities for areas of responsibility are implemented, regularly monitored and maintained and regularly inspect work areas and activities of subordinates to identify hazardous working conditions and implement corrective actions.
17. Perform other related duties as required by job function.
Qualification and Experience
• Recognized Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Law, Social Sciences or related field.
• Minimum of seven (7) years’ experience at management level or equivalent in telecommunications engineering and/or technical administration.
• Background and experience in telecommunications and broadcasting systems and networks would be considered an asset.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of:
o Current issues and trends in the Telecommunications/ICT industry
o Compliance and compliance-related activities and investigative techniques.
o Dispute resolution techniques and tactics.
• Skills and Abilities:
o Proficiency in MS Office applications including MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
o Strong managerial and leadership skills
o Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
o Ability to work as part of a team and under well-defined timelines
o Be dynamic and use strong interpersonal skills
o Ability to work collaboratively with external agencies.
o Strong report writing skills.
Applications should be submitted no later than Tuesday, February 18, 2020.