The Manager Central Sterile Services is responsible for the management and co-ordination of the day-to-day operations of the Central Sterile Services Department (CSSD). The incumbent executes training programmes in the CSSD which facilitates the development of a quality assurance system. The incumbent is expected to interface with clinical areas to determine their instrumentation needs, and proposed arrangement that will allow the output provided by the CSSD to consistently meet customer specifications in content and quality.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the sterile service production within the TRHA.
- Ensures that maintenance of manufacturing protocols and quality assurance performance standards were met.
- Manages the information gathering services associated with pack and instrument distribution.
- Develops and maintains a computerized costing system for management reporting.
- Prepares and maintains a policy and procedure manual.
- Develops a quality assurance program which allows for the maintenance of a Sterility Assurance Level (SAL) of 10 –6.
- Determines the instrumentation needs of user departments to be brought on stream, through consultation.
- Prepares and maintains a current departmental product catalogue.
- Formulates and prepares protocols for the wrapping of linen, arrangement of instruments in trays, preparation of sterile items, and continuously updating these protocols to meet changing standards.
- Maintains an up-to-date training manual.
- Demonstrates and trains staff in the performance of all standard and advanced work involved in preparing, packaging, sterilizing and monitoring the processing of surgical instruments and supplies.
- Monitors and supervises the implementation of the Quality Management System.
- Monitors and ensures Sterile Service Technicians meets production quotas
- Enforces the use of all applicable safety regulations, investigates injuries in department and prepares injury report.
- Adheres to Accreditation Standards, Public Health, Infection Control, Patient’s Charter/ Bill of Rights, Occupational Health and Safety, MoH/ DHSS, Board/ Registering Body and TRHA Protocols, Guideline, Policies and Procedures.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in a related health care field.
- Certification from IAHCSMM (International Association of Healthcare Central Service Material Management) or equivalent body.
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience in a sterile processing environment three (3) of which must be at a supervisory level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge surgical instrumentation
- Knowledge of arranging instruments for surgery
- Knowledge of wrapping and packaging of surgical trays and sets
- Knowledge of risks associated with and the proper methods and procedures for handling, washing or otherwise decontaminating infectious items
- Knowledge of handling sterilized items
- Current registration with Board/ Regulatory Body.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety Regulations
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Demonstrated dexterity, speed and efficient work methods required
Please clearly indicate the position for which you are applying either in the subject line of your email or on the envelope.
All external certification must have Accreditation Council of Trinidad and Tobago (ACTT) certification.
We thank you for your interest in Tobago Regional Health Authority but unsuitable applications will not be acknowledged.
Apply no later than 10th July, 2020 at 4:00 p.m.