Grant Thornton Aruba understands how important audited financial statements are to businesses, shareholders/owners, lenders, investors and other stakeholders. We work with some of the Aruba’s most successful private and public companies to first understand their businesses and the risks they face, and then focus our efforts where they matter most. We work with clients to improve their overall financial reporting processes and to help them better understand their operations and performance. We consider it our job to continually inform our clients about accounting, financial and regulatory developments that may affect their businesses.
What are the role’s main responsibilities, what will it involve?
- Oversee the efforts of multiple client engagements in a wide variety of industries with the ability to manage to budget;
- Pro-actively communicate with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, and lead change efforts effectively;
- Consult, work with, and service client base to make recommendations on business improvement and process improvement and serve as a business advisor to client;
- Team with partners and senior managers on proposals and business development initiatives;
- Understand and manage firm’s risks on audits and proposals;
- Manage, develop, train, mentor and motivate staff on engagements and assess their performance for engagement and year-end reviews;
- Attend professional development, networking events and training seminars on a regular basis;
- Adhere to the highest degree of professional standards and strict client confidentiality.
Who are we looking for:
- Someone who is creative in thinking, a do-er mentality;
- Someone who has the ability and passion to solve problems;
- Someone who has a genuine interest in our clients;
- Someone who knows that what they do matters;
- Someone that seizes the opportunities;
- Someone who can apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight;
- Someone who can recognize him/herself in our CLEARR core values: Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect, Responsibility.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- A Bachelor or Master’s degree in auditing or accounting;
- You hold a qualification such as AA or RA;
- Minimum 5-7 years of progressive audit experience;
- Excellent analytical, technical, and auditing skills including proficiency in IFRS rules and standards;
- Ability to work additional hours as needed;
- Strong written and oral proficiency in Dutch and English is a pre;
- Analytical and numerical approach to problem solving.
Application close: 30 Jun 2021 Arabic Standard Time