The National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago Limited (NGC), a leading Company in the development of the country's natural gas industry, invites applications from suitably qualified professionals to join our dynamic team to work in a challenging, results-oriented environment.
To facilitate the implementation, maintenance, repair and overhaul of CNG equipment and their assemblies used in and associated with the compression, storage and dispensation of Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) installations, systems and processes; to ensure that they are safe, efficient, effective and reliable and are maintained in accordance with international, regional, local and Company regulations, codes, specification, policies and procedures.
- Evaluates sites to determine requirements for CNG system installation and recommend appropriate actions that will enable safe and reliable system installation, commissioning, operation and maintenance.
- Provides field service and support on all CNG equipment and ancillary systems (fixed and mobile).
- Perform maintenance activities, tasks, services, repairs and overhauls on CNG system installations in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Conduct daily operational and maintenance checks on CNG installations to ensure system operational reliability. Monitor and analyze system operating parameters in order to identify abnormal operating conditions and implements corrective measures to ensure proper functioning of facility, equipment and machinery.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot equipment malfunctions and faults and implement corrective actions in a safe, effective and timely manner to ensure restoration of safe and continuous operation of CNG system installations. Submit reports on all trouble incidents (failures, malfunctions and faults) within twenty-four (24) hours of occurrence.
- Conducts all maintenance functions on CNG system installations in accordance with manufacturer recommended specifications and with international, regional, local and Company best practices, regulations, codes, standards, policies and procedures.
- Implements all NGC Group approved Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) Policies and Procedures and accredited industry best practices, standard, regulations and codes to ensure a safe work environment.
- Prepares and submit summaries, reports and updates to the Maintenance Supervisor on CNG equipment status and on all maintenance work performed and completed daily in order to accomplish divisional goals and objectives.
- Provides technical advice, training, guidance, support and assistance to other Maintenance employees to assist in building a cohesive technical team.
- Performs operational functions for isolation, start-up and shutdown of CNG machinery and equipment to facilitate safe and efficient CNG system operation and maintenance.
- Provides onsite response, support and assistance for all process upsets and equipment breakdowns to reduce or eliminate downtime of any station installation.
- Performs functional and other maintenance checks on all Fire, Safety and lifesaving equipment to ensure proper functioning, integrity and location.
- Ensures all works by Contractors and others are in compliance with relevant Permit to Work and Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) Procedures.
- Services and performs calibration checks on equipment to ensure that they are serviceable and conform to required specifications.
- Assists other Maintenance Technicians in the performance of all works to facilitate completion of all planned and unplanned jobs as directed by the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Create material requests, purchase requisitions, notifications and work orders on SAP as required.
- Monitors operating and maintenance expenditures and assists the Maintenance Supervisor with cost control and reduction measures..
- Monitors and confirms the completion of all works carried out on the facilities by Contractors and other personnel.
- Responds to and completes service calls at any site as required.
- Completes all other assigned duties as requested by Line Supervisor.
The minimum requirements for the position are:
- A National Technician's Diploma/Associate Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of four (4) years' experience in maintaining Industrial Equipment and Machinery.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Proficient knowledge and understanding of the principles of operation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and overhaul of high pressure reciprocating and rotating machines (compressors, engines, pumps)
- Proficient understanding of static equipment valves, piping and storage vessels.
- Working knowledge of transformers, motors, electrical installations and controls.
- NGC gas pipeline network.
- Report writing skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite Software.
- Proficient in SAP.
- Service oriented and delivery
- Team oriented, good team building skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Time management skills
- Analytical skills
NGC offers a competitive compensation package inclusive of Housing Allowance, Pension Benefits, Group Life Coverage, Computer and Education Loans.
Closing Date for receipt of applications is: 09/06/2023