The Maintenance Technician (Air Conditioning & Refrigeration) will report to the Facilities Coordinator.
NATURE & SCOPE
The Maintenance Technician (Air Conditioning & Refrigeration) is responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems throughout the Authority.
The Maintenance Technician (Air Conditioning & Refrigeration):
- Maintains and repairs heating, ventilation, air-conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Reviews blueprints, installing air conditioning systems/refrigeration.
- Test systems for proper functioning, performing emergency repairs, maintaining tools, ordering supplies and making routine adjustments to maximize operational efficiency.
- Records data when inspecting systems, such as temperature of equipment, fuel consumption and hours of operation.
- Provides recommendations for the purchase, repairs and maintenance of HVAC systems
- Ensures the recovery and proper disposal of refrigerants when servicing air conditioning equipment since refrigerants can be harmful to the environment.
- Performs any other related duties.
KEY KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of equipment design and construction, electronics, temperature control, installation, maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of Laws, regulations, guidelines, and codes standards pertaining to operation, maintenance and repair to Air Conditioning & Refrigeration units.
- Knowledge of local and international safety codes and practices pertaining to health institutions.
- Knowledge in engineering methods, materials, and tools used in the maintenance of electrical installations and equipment in health institutions.
- Ability to read, understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees.
MINIMUM TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Electrical/Electronic Certificate in Air Conditioning & Refrigeration installation/repair from an accredited technical institution.
- Two (2) years’ experience in this field.
- Any equivalent combination of training and experience.
COMMUNICATION AND WORKING RELATIONSHIP
- Manager-Hospital Administration
- Engineering Assistant
- Facility Coordinator
- Area Administrative Officer
- Primary Health Care Administrative Officers
- All Heads of Department
Deadline for submission of applications: 2nd December, 2020.