Applications are invited from suitably qualified nationals of Trinidad and Tobago for employment, on contract in the under-mentioned position at the Division of Community Development, Enterprise Development and Labour (Tobago House of Assembly).
The incumbent will be responsible for the appraisal of all business proposals, as well as, the monitoring and evaluating of all business activities of enterprises under the purview of the Enterprise Assistance Fund (EAF), Business Development Unit.
• Interviews of potential Enterprise Assistance Fund (EAF) clients.
• Assists clients with the preparation of business proposals.
• Providesfinancial advice to EAF clients including advice on businessregistration and incentives.
• Evaluates request for financial assistance and prepare recommendations to the Manager of the Enterprise Assistant Fund (EAF).
• Conducts business site visits to potential and current EAF clients and prepare site visit reports.
• Develops and implements effective techniques for monitoring and evaluating projects.
• Identifies the training needs of clients and assist with the development and implantation of training programmes.
• Assists with promoting the activities of the Unit.
• Scans the business environment to identify business opportunities.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
• Ability to assess the viability of projects.
• Ability to work in teams.
• Able to work with little supervision.
• Good understanding of credit and risk assessment.
• Ability to understand and interpret financial statements.
• Able to counsel and provide sound business advice to clients
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A first degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Entrepreneurship or Finance.
• Three (3) years experience in a lending environment.
• Experience in micro credit lending will be an asset.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
Applications Persons who meet the specified requirements are asked to submit their applications and resume along with all relevant certificates no later than Friday 26th February, 2021.