Qualifications and Experience
The successful candidate must possess a PhD, which should be in Psychology or a closely related field.
Candidates should also possess a minimum of three (3) years teaching experience at a recognized university in at least three (3) of the following areas:
- Cognitive Psychology
- Physiological Psychology
- Sensation and Perception
- Experimental and Applied Psychology
- Community and Environmental Psychology
- Contemporary Issues in Cognitive Psychology
Candidates with the following would have an advantage:
- Teaching experience at the postgraduate level
- At least three (3) publications in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals in the field of Psychology
- Experience in supervising research projects
- Proficiency in teaching with diverse instructional methods including face-to-face and blended learning.
- Teaching at the undergraduate and post graduate levels
- Assisting in the supervision of undergraduate and graduate research projects/theses in Psychology
- Developing a research agenda in Psychology and disseminating through published papers and conference presentations
- Serving on Departmental, Faculty and University committees
- Attending Departmental and Faculty board meetings
- Assisting with the periodic review of the curriculum
- Advising undergraduate and graduate students
- Supporting the outreach activities of the Department.
The Department places high priority on individuals of integrity who can work well in a team and student friendly environment. Candidates should also possess good communication and interpersonal skills. A good command of both oral and written English is essential. Candidates should also:
- Be familiar with tertiary level education in the Caribbean
- Be able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment and willing to advance
multidisciplinary and collaborative agendas
- Display leadership capabilities
- Be committed to supporting outreach activities that promote the multifaceted and rich
aspects of the programmes and activities within the Department
- Be self-motivated and capable of motivating students
- Be willing to apply diverse teaching methods.
Applications received after the deadline date will not be considered.
Deadline Date: Sunday, December 19, 2021