Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is looking for a suitable candidate to join our Group IT team in the capacity of: Lead Network Administrator
Responsible for implementing and managing the components of the IT infrastructure related to the networks of Sagicor Group Jamaica. This includes, but is not limited to, the firewalls, switches, routers, compressors, security appliances & network services in operation on the local, wide-area, Cloud, Internet and global networks used by the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Firewall Management; direct the installation of both the software and hardware components of firewalls along with other portions of security infrastructure.
- Configure firewalls according to best practices for corporate usage, manage their day-to-day operations, and perform regular maintenance through upgrades and patches
- Conduct periodic configuration & policy reviews as directed under the IT Security Infrastructure policy of the company
- Network Management; Monitor security devices and applications for performance problems and provide troubleshooting support for clients. Analyze the root cause and resolve them promptly, escalating to authorized support partners when needed
- Manage the configuration, operation & monitoring of network routing & data management appliances (inclusive of routers, switches, load balancers, compressors, SD-WAN nodes)
- Manage the configuration, operation & monitoring of wireless network infrastructure; incorporating all aspects of related security, bandwidth, quality and end-user experience
- Documentation & compliance management; enforce IT infrastructure configuration quality control and ensure that all output meets project requirements
- Familiarity with IT infrastructural relationships to network security international and local industry policies, procedures
- Familiarity with IT infrastructural relationships to international & local, legislation & regulations associated with the industries that Sagicor is involved in.
- Network Architecture & Design; Collaborate with Network team in the conceptualization, design, buildout, testing & deployment of a high-performance network suitable for the support of the dependent businesses
- To further enhance the reliability, scalability, resilience and security of all existing and developed components of the enterprise network infrastructure
- Establish corporate standards and incorporate best-practice industry standards into the design and operation of the enterprise network infrastructure
- Performing other related duties from time to time as requested by the direct report, Head of IT Operations or the business via senior management team.
Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Enterprise Computing, Network Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- At least five (5) years’ working experience in Cisco network and technologies, CCNA(P), CCIE, Linux and Unix (professional certifications would be an asset).
- At least three (3) years working experience with a firewall product from Checkpoint, Palo Alto, Cisco, Juniper or Extreme Networks.
- Working experience or certifications in Microsoft Server and Networking technologies would be an asset
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than April 30, 2020. While we appreciate all applicants only shortlisted.