The Lead Buyer reports to the Retail Manager (Commercial). He/She makes purchasing decisions, including processing purchase orders, negotiating with suppliers, tracking orders, creating and maintaining an inventory, quality assurance and liaising with inventory teams and management. The buyer will work with staff across departments to forecast the needs of the business and make purchase decisions based on sales forecasts. According to Caribbean Airlines Procurement Policies, they maintain accurate records of all purchases made on behalf of the airline’s Retail business and receipts of all goods and consolidate the same for payment processing.
- Negotiates with Vendors and Manufacturers to ensure the best price for all Caribbean Airline branded items.
- Ensures product availability based on sales forecast, manufacturing lead time, shipping and cost-efficiency.
- Develops a working relationship with numerous suppliers, performing excellent service throughout the RFI, RFP, and RFQ process.
- Manages inventory control to reduce and eliminate any obsolete products.
- Coordinates with Cargo (logistics), Procurement, Customs and Material Stores to optimize domestic and international shipping processes and submit recommendations that lower costs.
- Selects supply chain capable of meeting quality and delivery requirements and ensuring the management and rectification of quality and delivery issues.
- Ensures all purchasing records are up-to-date and accurate documentation is maintained in line with regulatory requirements.
- Communicates with suppliers on open orders, past due deliveries, receiving issues and accounts payable problems.
- Updates SAP or the prefered Inventory Management System with all relevant information pertaining to the purchase and timely delivery of all products and materials.
- Supports internal staff with expert knowledge to resolve any customer complaints or problems.
• RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT:
- Manages the relationship with internal stakeholders. Partners with internal stakeholders to influence buying decisions, analyze and make recommendations to the business to ensure the most cost-effective decisions are made.
- Ensures the delivery of accurate and timely reports and provides effective data analysis and feedback to management to aid in the decision-making process.
- Effectively manages assigned resources to maximize the efficiency of operations and create value for customers.
You will have a minimum of five (5) CXC/GCE/CSEC passes with a CIPS Level 4 Diploma or equivalent Procurement and Supply qualification. A Bachelor’s degree in Procurement & Supply Management will be considered an asset. You will also possess three (3) years of experience in a similar role. Understanding the procurement requirements in a State Enterprise and the Trinidad and Tobago Public Procurement Act will be required.
You will be proficient in using MS Suite, particularly MS Word and MS Excel, with working knowledge of the Inventory Management module within SAP.
The successful candidate will:
• Have Purchasing and inventory management experience and skills at a high level.
• Know of the specific Retail Industry needs, suppliers and networks.
• Have strong Analytical Skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels; and
• Be able to work well as a contributing member of a high-performance team.