Under the general direction of the Team Leader, Analytical Services, the incumbent is expected to perform and participate in specialized laboratory analysis; contribute to the general maintenance of the laboratory, equipment and supplies, and practice quality management principles /procedures.
The successful applicant must have the following:
- BSc. in Microbiology/ Chemistry
- Proficiency in software applications, especially Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Training in Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001 & ISO/IEC 17025) would be preferred
- Training in laboratory techniques
- Four (4) years’ post qualification experience in a related field.
Required skills and Specialized Techniques
- Ability to perform in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team member
Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform chemical analyses accurately
- Analyse, record and calculate final results for technical reports
- Research and implement new test methods
- Provide technical assistance to clients
- Prepare results for scientific publications related to the area of work assigned
- Perform periodic inventory of lab supplies and equipment
- Perform duties in accordance with Quality Standards as requested
APPLICATIONS SHOULD BE SUBMITTED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, October 23, 2020.