Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is looking for a suitable candidate to join our Shared Services IT team in the capacity of: IT Project Manager
The selected candidate would be tasked with planning, instantiating, and managing information technology (IT) projects. Lead and guide the work of technical staff. Serve as liaison between business and technical aspects of projects. Plan project stages and assesses business implications for each stage. Monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met. The IT Project Manager is responsible for the portfolio management of the assigned projects as an engagement or program manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains project work plans that communicate tasks, milestone dates, status and resource allocation
- Guiding projects from initiation to close, ensuring requirements are met for each stage.
- Pro-actively drive projects to completion through the SDLC process under ambiguous operating circumstances. Should be able to work at the appropriate level of detail as projects demand
- Leading small to large project teams.
- Significant client-facing experience at technical and executive levels.
- Facilitates the performance of post-project reviews for strategic projects.
- Managing all financial aspects of the revenue cycle in the project portfolio.
- Manages day to day operational aspects of project and project scope
- Determines the level of support and resources required for each project.
- Effectively applies Sagicor project methodology and enforces project standards
- Identifies and minimizes project risks – escalating to the Project office and the Project sponsor as required
- Experience improving and automating business processes through the application of technology.
- Proven experience in maintaining a relentless approach to keeping project schedules and milestones on target
- Highly motivated self-starter, willing to travel
- Proven ability to communicate ideas with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable operating in ambiguous environments, with proven skills to create order from unclear requirements and highly leveraged resource pool
- Strong people skills and an ability to listen to the customer and translate their needs into specific actions and solutions
- Proven ability to manage obstacles and resolve conflict
- Excellent organizational skills
- Obtains relevant project approvals and sign off before implementation
- Ensures that project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately
- Manages relationships with external resources to ensure that full value is received and ensure that the required degree of knowledge transfer takes place
- Works with Project Sponsors on the estimates of costs and benefits, budget, project charter and plan.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project.
Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Skills and Competencies:
- A Bachelor's (BSc.) degree in Information Technology or other related fields from a recognized tertiary institution.
- A Master's degree in a relevant field would be an asset;
- At least 5 years of relevant project experience in a technology environment.
- Experience specific to the Financial Services industry would be an asset.
- Completion of a Project Management program; PMP Certification would be an asset.
- Ability to be creative and innovative, to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to perform in a pressurized, deadline-based environment and have excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as experience in writing in technical requirements/specifications.
- Proficiency in the use of Excel, Word, Visio, MS Project; knowledge of Microsoft Project Online would be an asset.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than February 29, 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted