Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is looking for a suitable candidate to join our Infrastructure Support team in the capacity of: IT Infrastructure Architect.
Design, implement and manage information systems to support the enterprise infrastructure of Sagicor Group Jamaica. Collaborate and provide support as needed for related functions of Sagicor Financial Corp & its entities/territories. Ensure that all systems are working at optimal levels, manage infrastructural capacity and support the development of new technologies and system requirements in support of the organization’s objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, manage and monitor network infrastructure for the support of applications and services throughout the organization; Ensure WAN & telecommunication networks throughout the organization are operating in with high availability and adequate throughout
- Ensure firewall infrastructure is adequately stable, secure and efficient for the protection and interconnectivity as required for the business.
- Provide for the access & support of a dynamic hybrid cloud (public + private) network infrastructure & services required for the efficient operation of the business & support of innovation.
- Assist in the design, development, management, monitoring and maintenance of the servers, applications and services utilized by the organization in the delivery of products/services to its customers.
- Integration and operation of On-premise, IaaS, PaaS, DRaaS, SaaS, Mobile, GSM infrastructure in the enterprise architecture for the delivery of IT services to the business.
- Responsible for addressing the IT issues related to the design, integration, deployment, upgrades and management of key lines of business applications used by the organization (inclusive of Email)
- Monitor network designs and employ technological advancements in business network architecture.
- Manage the uptime, performance and capacity of datacenters and data processing facilities throughout the enterprise; Perform service availability, throughput and efficiency monitoring of datacenters. Maintain stable operating environments for datacenters.
- Ensure accurate projections of processing and storage demand throughout the enterprise & provision accordingly to reduce business/project delays
- Ensure the protection of corporate data assets and the development of systems/technologies for the preservation of accurate data for the business; Manage the resources, processes and custodians tasked with data backup and archiving for the organization’s digital data assets in accordance with IT, corporate, industry and regulatory requirements.
- Provide and manage the technology, processing, procedures and systems as needed in support of the Disaster Recovery/BCP program of the organization
- Responsible for the enterprise Patch Management program in order to reduce the operating risks associated with operating system and application security; Maintain effective patch & hardening policies for all fixed and mobile endpoints (applications & OS) utilized throughout the organization
- Maintain effective patch & hardening policies for all servers (applications & OS) utilized throughout the organization
- Maintain effective patch & hardening policies for all network, computer & special purpose hardware & virtual assets in use throughout the organization
- Performing other related duties from time to time as requested by the direct report, Head of IT Operations or the business via senior management team.
Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Skills and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in Computer Engineering, Enterprise Computing, Computer-Based Management Information Systems or equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- At least three (3) years’ experience in the management of an IT services, support or development team
- At least five (5) years’ working experience in Microsoft Server, Database and Networking technologies (professional certifications in any would be an asset)
- At least five (5) years’ working experience in Cisco network and technologies, CCNA(P), CCIE, Linux and Unix (professional certifications would be an asset).
- At least two (2) years’ working experience in the management and/or implementation of Cloud technologies
- Experience in the IT support & operating requirements of a 24/7 mission-critical environment.
- Experience in managing computing environments – both on-premise and cloud-based, virtual and physical – with a strong practical background in areas of processing, storage, service and security management.
- Firm understanding of classic (SDLC) and current (CI/CD) application/systems development methodologies
- Firm understanding on the development, delivery, scaling, monitoring and security requirements of web services and service-oriented application environments.
- Ability to understand, create, maintain & explain IT technical documentation inclusive of process flowcharts, data flow diagrams, network schematics, database schemas, building schematics, business/functional/system/technical requirements.
- Strong understanding of data protection (inclusive of data backup/restoration, data/service replication), disaster recovery and business continuity technologies.
- Excellent at conceptualizing, researching and evaluating new technology applications, architectures, services and processes in response to the requirements of the business.
- Excellent human relations, customer service and negotiation skills
- Team player and able to operate effectively in/with teams of various sizes.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels.
- Ability to assess, devise, manage and report on appropriate key performance metrics for systems, processes and personnel
- Strong problem-solving, time management and project management skills.
- Sound knowledge of Office Productivity applications inclusive of word processor, spreadsheet, presentation manager, graphic visualization, project management and messaging/collaboration.
- Work both from office primarily and off-premises when required
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than April 30, 2020. While we appreciate all applicants only shortlisted.