Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is looking for a suitable candidate to join our Group IT team in the capacity of: IT End of Day Operator.
The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring Sagicor’s ability to offer superior services to its clients by daily successful execution of application processes relating to the Core Banking Systems (CBS). Accurately and efficiently utilize data processing technology according to established policies and procedures. Facilitates the timely availability of the CBS to the branches and departments - enabling access to updated online account information with daily generation and printing of reports and statements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully perform core-banking COB/EOD, archival; Successfully perform day-to-day functions relating to the successful execution of data processing applications, thereby enabling maximum availability of online systems
- Run back up and restore jobs and procedures to update the disaster recovery environment to ensure DR capability; Perform electronic daily settlements, such as VISA, MasterCard, etc
- Monitor the performance of processes, as instructed by Operating Manuals – vigilantly observing processing times to quickly identify problems
- Monitor system disk space, usage, system logs and message queues, active jobs and outputs, for normal and error message and to detect error codes and conditions
- Identify service/operational inefficiencies and make recommendations for value-added enhancement to manager
- Promptly escalate equipment malfunctions to manager during shift
- Perform the monitoring of systems, inclusive of required walk-through of the data center, and provide first level diagnostic support as required, quickly contacting the respective technical personnel to ensure prompt resolution consistent with SLA commitments
- Complete all assigned Help Desk ticketsDeliver an effective and efficient performance of Sagicor’s core-banking platform and other processes for branches and departments ensuring high-availability and on-time service.
- Provide Data Centre Operations Support; Perform printing of scheduled reports, Credit Card, Current Account statements, notices / advices, etc.
- Effectively complete jobs and processes to extract and transfer output files for reporting purposes and perform accurate updating of the report archival system
- Perform ACH (clearing files), Merchant Settlement and uploads
- Perform database extracts and produce utility extracts for clients
- Prepare cartridges and tapes in preparation for processing; move to respective libraries in an accurate and timely matter; and maintain aggressive follow up on all outstanding backups until resolved.
- Responsible for the accurate execution and movement of T24/PRIME database backups
- Provide support for compliance activities
- Demonstrate a high level of commitment and dedication to team goals and objectives by:
- Deliver the highest level of quality customer service to all by responding in a timely and courteous manner to requests from internal and external clients.
- Frequent work outside of normal business hours and occasionally on weekends
- Frequent exposure to dust
Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Skills and Competencies:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field from a recognized tertiary institution
- 2 years’ work experience in the banking environment
- A Certificate in Computer Science or Network Communication will be an asset
- Working knowledge and experience in Unix/Linux operating system
- Sound working knowledge and experience in client/server-based application
- Familiarity with incident/problem management methodologies
- Basic knowledge of monitoring tools used in the local environment
- Strong analytical/critical thinking skills; results and team-oriented
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound decision-making skills
- Effective at multitasking
- Must have the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Sound knowledge of processes such as input and output files, application threading related to operations and processes
- Ability to effectively assess, prioritize and execute tasks in a customer-centric always-available environment
- Effective problem resolution skills
- Sound human relations and customer service skills
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to produce reports
- Sound knowledge of computer software packages including word processing and spreadsheet applications
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than April 30, 2020. While we appreciate all applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.