Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is looking for a suitable candidate to join our Group IT team in the capacity of: IT Central Administration Manager
The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring Sagicor’s ability to offer superior services to its clients by daily successful execution of application processes relating to the Core Banking Systems (CBS). Accurately and efficiently utilize data processing technology according to established policies and procedures. Facilitates the timely availability of the CBS to the branches and departments - enabling access to updated online account information with daily generation and printing of reports and statements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Vice Presidents – Group IT in providing the implementation of the company’s information technology program
- Advise the Vice Presidents – Group IT on technology vision and planning process that will regularly evaluate existing technology, information, research new solutions and technologies and recommend changes.
- Assist the Vice Presidents – Group IT in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support the business operations and achieve more effective and cost-beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations
- Develop, implement and maintain Information technology and security policies;
- Maintain contact with IT suppliers and maintain knowledge of current technology, equipment, prices and terms of agreement.
- Evaluate alternatives, perform appropriate cost-benefit analysis, and recommend solutions;
- Review all hardware and maintenance contracts, providing input to the Vice Presidents – Group IT on issue.
- Facilitate communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources with the organization; Manage relationships with vendors for sales, service and support of all information systems and technology.
- Serve as the primary contact to hardware and network-related vendors, consultant and partners.
- Prepare the department’s annual budget for review by the Vice Presidents – Group IT; Chief Financial Officer and submit requests for capital and recurring expenditure in line with the approved budget.
- Prepare Capital expenditure that captures all IT initiatives along with business as usual activities for each financial year
- IT operational Expense budget contain all annual software renewal along with maintenance support.
- Assist IT Team Members with purchasing and requesting orders from suppliers; Maintain database of supplier, provider and vendor contact information.
- Prepare contracts for suppliers; Liaise with suppliers, as directed by IT Team members, regarding orders and purchases.
- File, document, and process invoices requisitions, and payments
- Ensures efficient operation and optimal service levels; Ensures measurable support standards for IT service levels; participate in establishing, documenting, maintaining and communicating Service Level Agreements (SLA) for high priority areas of IT technical support.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience, Specialized Skills and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in management studies, Business Administration equivalent qualification from a recognized tertiary institution
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent technical qualification in Computer Science or Management Information Systems
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience with responsibilities for management and support of financial information systems and technology.
- Direct management of a major IT operation is preferred.
- Specific experience with project management, IT Security is a plus.
- Sound knowledge of shared and outsourced solutions, as well as in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site client-server environment
- ITIL knowledge and experience preferred
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills
- Effective human relations and Customer Service skills
- Strong demonstrable leadership, management and supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of contracting, negotiating, organization development/change management and action planning are required
- The ability to work in a customer/business focused environment with a keen commitment to providing superb customer service and managing service levels
- The ability to manage multiple projects with diverse priorities
- Demonstrate initiative, exercise good judgment, and have the ability to achieve results through others
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application no later than April 30, 2020. While we appreciate all applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.