The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean invites suitable and qualified applicants to apply for the position of: Internal Auditor
SCOPE OF WORK:
The internal auditor will monitor and evaluate how well risks are being managed, how the business is being governed and how internal processes are working at UCC. He or she will add value by improving our operations by developing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management. The incumbent will provide a consulting service, advising management on how to improve systems and processes.
The Risk Based Audit Approach will be utilized as this will ensure that audits are selected through a comprehensive risk analysis process to concentrate on those areas of greatest risk and opportunity for improvement. Audit topics will be chosen based on the potential for improved internal controls, cost savings, revenue enhancement, and increased efficiency. Additional audit areas are selected based on management requests.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes but not limited to):
- Ensures that UCC complies with internal and external regulations and established control protocol
- Examines documentation, including reports, statements, records, and memos to gather information
- Reconciles documentation with assets to ascertain accuracy
- Completes standard paperwork and questionnaires to confirm internal controls
- Participates in meetings with individuals and departments to update auditees on findings and the audit process
- Prepares reports and preserves documentation pertaining to audits for internal record
- Presents summarised findings concerning audit results and trends for internal groups
- Analyses audit results to determine methods for increasing profits and decreasing unnecessary costs
- Makes recommendations for the best ways for UCC to avoid fraud and reduce waste
- Assesses best financial practices for UCC and makes relevant, informed suggestions
- Keeps up-to-date on audit procedures and regulations by attending conferences, workshops, and continuing education seminars
- Participates in industry organizations and develops a professional network
- Works with a team to achieve company goals
- Establish risk-based audit programs
- Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
- Determine compliance with policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned.
- Masters degree in Accounting, Finance or Business.
- Knowledge of Legal and Financial Systems, Documentation and Record Keeping.
- Excellent verbal, analytical, organizational and written skills.
- Results oriented, attention to detail, problem solving, critical Thinking, Analysis, Teamwork, Written and Verbal Communication, Interpersonal communication, exceptional knowledge of ACCPAC accounting software.
The qualified candidate must have a minimum of five years Audit experience at a senior level.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: Thursday, April 30, 2020