The Human Resources Manager maintains and enhances the organization's human resources policies, programs and practices.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Human Resources Manager maintains and enhances the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and practices.
The Human Resources Manager reports to the Human Resources Director and is directly responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function which includes the recruitment, selection and orientation of staff, employee relations, performance management, compensation, training development, policy development and support to supervisory units.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
- Plan, organize and control all activities of the Human Resources Department
- Develop and administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Implement and update compensation programs
- Establish and conduct recruitment, selection and training programs
- Establish and monitor performance management programs
Activities include (but are not limited to):
- Maintaining accurate and up to date personnel records
- Developing job descriptions
- Developing, recommending, implementing and maintaining personnel policies, procedures and documentation including employee handbooks
- Disseminating company information and use appropriate media to do such
- Recruiting and selecting new staff including developing vacancy notices, conducting interviews and orienting new staff
- Identifying performance gaps, developing and conducting training programs and execute succession planning programs
- Handling employee grievances including counseling and disciplinary procedures
- Handling Union negotiations
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Excellent social skills
- Excellent communication skills including verbal, listening and writing
- Ethical conduct, confidentiality, honesty
- Strategic thinking Leadership skills
- Decision making skills
- Financial management skills
- Labour legislation
- Negotiation skills
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department.
- Must have at least a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Psychology or equivalent study
- Must have at least 5 years in a Human Resources or similar field
- Must have at least 5 years in a managerial position
Date posted: 19/2/2021 | Application Deadline: not provided | Unposting: 05/3/2021|