Sagicor Group Jamaica Limited is seeking to identify a suitable candidate to join our Group Human Resources team in the capacity of: Human Resources Associate (Policy & Procedure) (Contract)
The selected candidate will assist in reviewing, developing, and embedding creative employee centric Human Resources Processes, Policies and Procedures which drive culture and behaviour change companywide. Work in collaboration or partnership with subject area experts both internally and externally to identify, research and recommend appropriate changes, ensuring that the policies set down for the management of employees are legally and practically sound. Assist with the general day to day Relationship Management, Talent Acquisition and HR Services activities including other assigned projects in keeping with the strategic direction of the Organisation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate and liaise with key team members in the review of processes, policies, and procedures including but not limited to, finalisation of the process guideline, preparation of process communications, request for upload and removal of obsolete version for the local intranet.
- Maintain repository of all procedures and guidelines.
- Update the Master List of Procedures with the status of work assigned to the relevant personnel.
- Develop a spreadsheet to track outstanding updates to process guidelines.
- Conduct research both at the international and local level including comparative analysis of the policies to ensure that they are consistent with current trends globally.
- Develop and maintain a process to guide and document the Policy review process and execute the effective communication of same.
- Help with the processes and recommend/implement developments and initiatives with a view to improving efficiency and effectiveness.
- Make recommendations regarding the strategic planning, objectives, cost containment initiatives and budget.
- Help with the on boarding activities relating to team members salary and benefits:
- Flag team member probationary period.
- Check system and remind Supervisors to complete Probationary Assessment.
- Update database with the changes in the team member status.
- Send advisory to all relevant parties to update records regarding the team member change in status.
- Relationship Management Functions: Partner with assigned Departments (Group Human Resources and Group Corporate Services) to assist in the attainment of strategic initiatives.
- Contribute to the effective management of the team benefit scheme and salary related issues in accordance with Company policies and guidelines.
- Assist in providing guidance and administrative support in overseeing the day to activities related to recruitment, redeployment and separation of staff.
- Support the Talent Acquisition and Services Unit including the administration of the Sagicor Success Process.
- Review activities and ensure that system is updated with any changes in team member’s employment status.
- Monitor the system and ensure that the appraisal forms for probationers are launched.
- Provide assistance to the unit in the recruitment, selection, onboarding, and services functions.
- Prepare and circulate Weekly Unit Briefing Report on unit activities to the rest of the Group HR Department, including all changes relating to team members.
- Prepare Monthly Reports on unit activities and recruiting and selection metrics.
- Prepare Monthly Staff Movement report highlighting movements as a result of Talent Acquisition’s activities.
- Handle matters referred for Disciplinary Committee Hearing:.
- Assist with the projects or assignments that the Senior Vice President and Assistant Vice President of Group Human Resources may assign.
- Contribute to the documentation for all projects undertaken.
- Provide administrative support for all projects undertaken.
- Perform other related duties assigned from time to time.
Academic Qualifications/ Specialized Skills/ Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Management Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Two (2) years’ experience as an administrator with secretarial experience in Human Resources
- Knowledge of Jamaican and Cayman Labour Laws, Pensions Act, Insurance, Property Management, and Banking/Investments Regulations.
- Sound human relations skills and ability to interact with personnel at all organizational levels internally and externally.
- Excellent operational experience to appreciate the relationship between policy and practice.
- Strong ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- High proficiency in the use of personal computing productivity applications including word processing and spreadsheet applications.
- Some knowledge of HR Systems and administration.
- Great deal of accuracy and attention to details.
If this role is of interest to you kindly submit an application via Sagicor Success no later than February 26, 2021. While we appreciate all applications, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.