Assists in the planning and administration of policies and procedures relating to the employee relations aspect of the human resource activity.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in the development and interpretation of Human Resource policy.
- Promotes employee morale and a sense of loyalty and commitment to the organization by pursing a mix of activities designed to achieve this goal.
- Assists with the planning, implementation and promotion of human resource strategic and operational initiatives
- Responsible for recruitment and selection for all assigned positions.
- Participates in the recruitment of advisors by functioning as a member of the Sales Selection Committee.
- Responsible for the separation process for all assigned staff.
- Responsible for the management of employee data on HRp5 and Sagicor Success.
- Develops and maintains job descriptions for all assigned positions.
- Responsible for the tracking of the employee probationary period.
- Provides support for the employee/industrial relations functions.
- Promotes and administers the Employee Rewards and Recognition Programme.
- Functions as a member of the Human Resources Wellness team by assisting in the development and implementation of programmes for the purpose of educating and encouraging employees to make healthy lifestyle choices.
- Maintains the Human Resource pages on company's Jammin site.
- Plays an integral role in establishing and maintaining appropriate communication channels and vehicles between the HR Department and all Staff.
- Supports the administration and distribution of uniforms for Sagicor Life Inc.
- Provides relief service to the administration of the Leave Management and Time and Attendance System.
- Performs any other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business administration, human resource management, or industrial relations, psychology, or a behavioural science from a recognised university plus three to five (3 – 5) years of broad-based HR experience, one of which must be at a supervisory level.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Detail oriented, logical, and methodological approach to problem solving
- Demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and employees in a team-oriented environment
- A high proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software
- Previous experience in a financial services environment would be an asset
Deadline for submission: 8th March 2021